Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building my big brother an M-4

Feedback Score

Building my big brother an M-4

Well, I am working on a build right now.
    My big brother is turning 40 this year. A real milestone. He served in the Navy as an enlisted man from 87 to 92 and the Army as an Officer from 97 to 04, so this is a keepsake for him to give his son one day.
    The upper is coming from Del-Ton (it is actually at my sister's house, she lives in SC, I live in NC, didn't want to pay taxes on it, I admit it, I am a cheap bastard). It is a 14.5" M4 1/9 on a flat top, the lower is a DPMS. I am having the lower engraved.

Here is a photshop of the lower.

Orion Arms is doing the engraving (www.orion-arms.com )

Since it is a 14.5" I wanted to be compliant with the law (3/8 of a freaking inch!) I am having an SDI Extended A2 FS Blind-Pinned.

It is getting topped with a Mateck BUIS.

It will have a 4 position stock and M4 Handguards. I am trying to get as close to the M4 he carried in the 82nd and the 3rd ID. I will posted pictures when it is finished.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ARinNC View Post
    Well, I am working on a build right now.
    My big brother is turning 40 this year. A real milestone. He served in the Navy as an enlisted man from 87 to 92 and the Army as an Officer from 97 to 02, so this is a keepsake for him to give his son one day.
    The upper is coming from Del-Ton (it is actually at my sister's house, she lives in SC, I live in NC, didn't want to pay taxes on it, I admit it, I am a cheap bastard). It is a 14.5" M4 1/9 on a flat top, the lower is a DPMS. I am having the lower engraved.

Here is a photshop of the lower.

Orion Arms is doing the engraving (www.orion-arms.com )

Since it is a 14.5" I wanted to be compliant with the law (3/8 of a freaking inch!) I am having an SDI Extended A2 FS Blind-Pinned.

It is getting topped with a Mateck BUIS.

It will have a 4 position stock and M4 Handguards. I am trying to get as close to the M4 he carried in the 82nd and the 3rd ID. I will posted pictures when it is finished.
    Very nice!
    Glock 17
    Glock 19
    CCW as of 10/06

LMT 10.5" SBR

Rem 700SS 5R

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That looks really nice. And thanks to your brother for his service to our country.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What's the grip and mag release and are those staying or going?

Feedback Score
    The lower pictured is on that I just pull off the net to photoshop. The Upper is here, the lower will be back this week. I should be finished with it by Friday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    O-I-C.

Feedback Score
    Officer In Charge?
    What do you mean?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARinNC View Post
    Officer In Charge?
    What do you mean?

Oh I See

BTW Can I be your brother?
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Oh I See

BTW Can I be your brother?
    Absolutely. But you must get your own rifle.....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thats a damn nice thing to do for your brother, and it sounds like he is very deserving of it.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast