Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT 7.62 MRP or LaRue OBR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    So, considering everything I have read here and elsewhere, I have decided on the LMT. On LMT's recommendation, my name is now on the waiting list with a local retailer. Based on what they are saying, I might have it in my hands in May, but more than likely late June or early July. We'll see....
    Great choice

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    So, considering everything I have read here and elsewhere, I have decided on the LMT. On LMT's recommendation, my name is now on the waiting list with a local retailer. Based on what they are saying, I might have it in my hands in May, but more than likely late June or early July. We'll see....
    If I may ask, what tipped your choice to the LMT?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Out of the box, the OBR has plenty of longer range potential, I think Mark and the boys have made hits at the mile mark.

That said, the possibilities of being able to run a 6.5 Creedmore out of the LMT would be an amazing long range setup, and could just swap the barrel/bolt to run a shorter .308 barrel.
    I think LMT (or Spike's, or Wes, or somebody) will have more options come along eventually that will let the LMT setup really shine past a click; but in stock form it's a great performer for mixed uses.

The OBR is centered around providing bolt gun performance out of a semiauto platform. The LMT seems like a much more flexible battle rifle, but if the barrel lengths are only going to range between 16" and 18", it's not getting the most out of the platform (a 21" 6.5Creedmore, a 14.5" .308 with SEI Hider).
    I'd love to see what the LMT can do with some Black Hills 175gr.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Based on my fondling of all the AR 7.62 platforms I could find at SHOT, I thought the LMT MWS and LWRC REPR seemed worthy. Both take SR25 mags vs. modified M14/M1A mags

For the LMT, take an MRP and size it for a 308 and you're pretty much there. I wish they had a 20" option for longer range counter sniper scenarios, but I figure the 16" is OK up front with the possibility of adding lengths and calibers. DI gun.

LWRC REPR - besides the fancy coatings and marketing, the side charging handle may or may not be a plus. Piston gun.

LMT is $1,000-$1,200 cheaper, though.
    Last edited by MrPink; 04-08-10 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    If I may ask, what tipped your choice to the LMT?
    I am sure that I am, at best, half as knowledgeable as the majority of members here, but the MRP feature with the ability to change barrels, pricing, and availability were the "tipping" points for me. And being such a big LaRue fan, it pained me to go this route. Maybe at some point in the future when LaRue is stocking the OBR, and if I have the funds, I'll get it too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well, considering pricing and availability, I canceled my order and bought one on Gunbroker. It is being shipped today. Time for the optics decision now.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a lmt mws on gunbroker today as well. hopefully it will get here soon.

do these guns come with a case?

Feedback Score
    Mine came in a cardboard box.
    CGN Rotorwing_Savior

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg2003gt View Post
    do these guns come with a case?
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    I've talked to Grant about an LMT MWS from his next lot. My main rationale is that it seems to be a KAC gun, for like 2/3 of the price. That is a pretty sweet deal. I got the chance to shoot a few mags thru a Larue OBR over the past few days and it is pretty sweet. I still go back and forth. The LMT worries me about the future and the ability to to get new barrels or retro fit new ones.

It was a blast to ring steel at 400 yards in 25mph winds with the OBR.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast