Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed - My new ACOG is Sanitized

Feedback Score

Disappointed - My new ACOG is Sanitized

We all are familiar with the controversy that erupted when the main stream media made a hulla balloo about the scripture references cast into the Trijicon scope housings.

Trijicon caved to the PC pressure and began "sanitizing" (grinding off) the offending characters and is supplying the military with kits to sanitize units in service.

Well, I just got my new TA33G-H today, and it is sanitized. There are noticeable machined or ground areas on both sides that have been painted over with a different black that doesn't match the original finish.

I had been hoping this wouldn't be the case since the TA33 isn't a standard mil issued model. I was looking forward to putting my Jesus scope on my Noveske rifle with its "cross" logo, and maybe adding an "infidel" engraved ejection port cover.

If there was a place that offered laser engraving to restore my missing biblical reference, I'd be up for it, but I'm not sure this black paint they applied to cover the grinding is a solid background.

Sorry, no pics for now, I'm at work.
    Iraq combat veteran, Veterans of Foreign Wars Lifetime Member, NRA Rifle & Pistol Instructor, RSO, and NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    I think it wasn't so much PC pressure as it was risking losing a multimillion dollar contract with .mil
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 14point5 View Post
    I was looking forward to putting my Jesus scope on my Noveske rifle with its "cross" logo, and maybe adding an "infidel" engraved ejection port cover.
    Thats kind of a contradiction.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidel
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

I know what you mean. Im saving up for a ta31ecos for my scar and I was hoping to get an older new one so I could get the doctor red dot (not the trijicon) and also have the scripture references on it. I do lasering and I may be able to engraving it if you want...
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Separation of Church And State is not PC crap, it's in the Constitution!!!
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    You're really stretching.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really? Please do explain how placing bible references on the side of an optic that is utilized by the military of the United States of America is not violation of Church and State? I'm not stretching sh$t.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    Really? Please do explain how placing bible references on the side of an optic that is utilized by the military of the United States of America is not violation of Church and State? I'm not stretching sh$t.
    Okay - I guess you're not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
    You're really stretching.
    How so? If it had quotes from the Qur'an, people would be up in arms. Why is it such a big deal to simply have no religious references and simply function as a optical sight?

It's paid for by tax dollars, not every tax payer is Christian, the government should stay out of the promotion of any religion for that reason.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Because the military decided to choose that optic with the the references on it from a privately owned non government company. Thats how. If you dont like ford, dont buy a ford. Its that easy. And BTW, its "$hit" (or sh!t) not "sh$t"....
    Last edited by 99HMC4; 04-01-10 at 18:03.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Were you issued it or did you buy it?

Can you tell me where in the Constitution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast