Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling to drop weight and increase strengh for .mil?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would recommend the P90X system. It is a bit expensive for the whole package but you may be able to borrow the DVDs from your local library or Gym. The workouts are kick ass and target performance over bulk. This system(if you follow it) will increase your endurance and lower body fat. The entire system incorporates diet, aerobic cardio and non aerobic calisthenic routines. Hit it hard for 90 days and I bet you see vast improvement.

BTW EOD rocks.
    "If you see me running, try to keep up!"

Feedback Score

Good to Go

I used to struggle with pullups and I can concer with what has been said about losing some weight. You sound like you are a naturally big guy so it might be hard, but just eat less. There really is no better way to cut weight than to never finish your food, always leave some for the fridge. No amount of exercise will help you lose weight if you are eating like a hoss. I have been a strength and conditioning instructor for the past two and a half years and before that I was a Marine NCO and responsible for keeping Marines fit so I have seen all the low carb, low fat, eat this/not that fad diets. Just eat less, it works (it also helps to cut out sugars and other empty calories, but really this is just more of the same....eat less!).

I used to struggle with pullups as well. I had this evil Staff Sergeant that would make me do 30 pullups every morning and 30 again every evening. In about a month I was doing 20 deadhangs without breaking a sweat or dropping off the bar. I have also training people for OCS and bootcamp with the exact same program and without fail they acheived between 18 and 20 pullups by the time they left. You might want to start with a lower number, like 15. Don't use the assisted pullup machine since you can already do 3 unassisted pullups, it will just be a crutch. Start by doing 15 strict pullups any way you can get them (meaning 5 sets of 3, 3 sets of 5, 15 sets of 1, or whatever). And pretty soon you will be able to 15 without stopping. When you can do that, move up to 30, and so on until you reach your goal. I hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

i

im 6' 2 " 215 and I can do about 10 dead hang you need to do them all the time where ever you can. I do them at work on anything I can beams. trucks, craine's, bride gurders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12