Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VTAC barricade

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CENTCOM_Survivor View Post
    My son and I made two this past weekend. rob_s thanks for posting those directions as Green Eyes Black Rifles doesn't have the placement measurements for the cutouts.

I made the legs per the book but might make the other pair shortened down after watching the new VTAC videos.
    They look great. You can shorten the legs on the front of the barricade. I think mine are about 12".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    They look great. You can shorten the legs on the front of the barricade. I think mine are about 12".
    I was thinking that plus making both supports the same height. That way you could "flip" the barricade to shoot off hand. I'm watching the VTAC video #2 and it looks like thats what they did.

Anyone use stakes' in the front? I was looking around Lowes and the best thing I could find were stakes for re-bar.
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some of those 10 or 12" spikes they sell at Lowes is what I use on mine. They just look like a big ass nail. Smaller rebar (#4) would also work with no problems. When the wind blows I find you need to weight them down pretty good to keep them from blowing over, the stakes alone don't cut it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Just an FYI...

MGM Targets sells metal barricade brackets ($61/pr delivered).

http://www.mgmtargets.com/products/p...age.php?cat=13
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    I found another solid way to mount one. This is my new pull up bar (cement is still wet hence the support 2x4s) and I figured it would be a nice mounting spot. I still need to cut that one leg shorter. Nice thing is I can flip it around to the wrong (left) side.
    The fence is about 25 feet away and this is only for dry fire drills at home since we only have one open range a month.

Last edited by CENTCOM_Survivor; 08-14-10 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I leave mine out in the open year round and even with a goodly amount of paint OSB will flake. The good fellow at HD mixed a paint for me that had primer mixed in. You could even get "fashion" colors. So far with this stuff on 3/4" pine it's been GtG for 6 months. The new plan now is to mount it on 2 wheels so I can move it on uneven ground. Thinking the big buggy wheels of a beach cooler.

Feedback Score
    All painted and I shortened the legs down a little bit. The only issue I see with the original design is the length of the tall support. You might be limited when shooting to the left as the support sticks out pretty far. I noticed in the VTAC videos both supports are short and the same size.

Last edited by CENTCOM_Survivor; 08-30-10 at 14:14.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123