Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What ammo are you using?

Feedback Score
    I load 55gr hornady FMJs over H-335 for 90% of my shooting. The other 10% is made up of Either 60gr hollowpoints for coyotes or what ever I can buy the cheapest when I don't have time to load.

Feedback Score
    I don’t even own anything that shoots 5.56 or .223 yet. I’ve had to put off the purchase of the gun for 3 months in a row now due to finances. Thought sure it would be this month. Sigh... However, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago as there was some PMC Bronze on sale locally, and I wanted to know if it was any good. My responses were so good, that I have quite a stockpile of it sitting here waiting for the dang gun. You can find it at Cableas for $6.49/box of 20.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    You should test your gun to see if it will shoot 75 gr. bullets with your 1/9 twist. I use Hornady 75 gr. Training or TAP in my 1/7 twist BCM. If your gun won't stabilize a 75 gr. bullet, then just use the Hornady 55 or 62 gr. ammo.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    75gr in a 1/9 will not be good - you will peak out around 68/69gr for 1/9.

A 1/7 will digest everything, more sweet with 75gr and loose with 55gr.

I shoot all the cheap stuff Wolf, Brown Bear, etc. Past that reload like a fiend. 55gr and 62gr lead core - main practice round.
    Last edited by m4fun; 06-07-10 at 18:43.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Just picked up my M4 this weekend. What is recomended for 1:7 twist. Do you go with the heavier loads or like a 55 grain? I know it's all a matter of choice and what shoots good with the rifle. Just looking for opinions and looking what most of you shoot. Does it matter what the barrel twist is when it comes to ammo that is 55 grain vs. ammo at 62? Thanks
    Check the other thread at the top of the page in the GD forum, it's fine to shoot 55gr in a 1/7 twist.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm using wolf 62 gr hpbt out of a 14.5" AR. It's kind of a beater upper I put together out of spare parts, so I intend to wear out the barrel with wolf. I have a lot sitting around.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rermey Lee View Post
    Check the other thread at the top of the page in the GD forum, it's fine to shoot 55gr in a 1/7 twist.
    6 year old post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hm. They should consider auto-closing old threads.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I'm using wolf 62 gr hpbt out of a 14.5" AR. It's kind of a beater upper I put together out of spare parts, so I intend to wear out the barrel with wolf. I have a lot sitting around.
    Would' steel case ammo like wolf wear out a barrel prematurely with it's bi-metal jacket? How many rounds would it take do you suppose?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    6 year old post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Crap. sorry guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast