Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 on cover of Combat Arms 2010

Feedback Score

LMT .308 on cover of Combat Arms 2010

There's an outstanding 7 page article in the latest "Combat Arms" magazine on the "L129A1" (British MoD version of LMT MWS .308). It is featured on the cover and the article goes into great detail concerning the reason it was picked to replace the Accuracy Int'l. L96 as the Brit's "Sharpshooter" rifle. According to the article, the other two competitors for the contract were FNH's SCAR 17 and HK's 417. Great pics too!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went to B&N and picked this issue up. Worth it if you're sleeplessly waiting for this gun like I am.

The article says it beat the SCAR-17 and the HK417 in MoD testing. Best group was a sub-half-MOA group fired at 200 yards using Federal M80 ball.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I went to B&N and picked this issue up. Worth it if you're sleeplessly waiting for this gun like I am.

The article says it beat the SCAR-17 and the HK417 in MoD testing. Best group was a sub-half-MOA group fired at 200 yards using Federal M80 ball.
    KevinB said the KAC submission was rejected because the UK rep showed up with a 20" barrel while the request was for a 16" barrel...

I couldn't find the mag today but I'll keep looking...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting - the article says that the gun is designed for max accuracy with ball, as opposed to match. Cool.

Feedback Score
    Interesting - the article says that the gun is designed for max accuracy with ball, as opposed to match. Cool.
    Damn, I can't find the magazine at my local stores.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Glad to see a Non KAC company out there winning govt. contracts even though KAC and LMT has several shared programs together.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Maybe they figure if it works really well with ball ammo, it should do excellent with match?

Feedback Score
    Picked up that issue at the BX yesterday, read it last night. That article had me thirsting for LMT .308 rifles.

There was also a good look at the Remington ACR.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked it up today. Great article on LMT. Also has articles on LWRCI REPR, Remington ACR, JAE-100 G2, and more for those who don't have the mag yet.

Feedback Score
    grrr..my B&N does not have it..and I want one of those LMT .308 badly !!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast