Thread: Tracing the last steps of a man on a survival mission

Feedback Score

Tracing the last steps of a man on a survival mission

Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 02:46.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Awesome! Thank you for posting this. Very good info.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The article you are looking for is available to GlobePlus members
    Keith

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Guess I dont get to read it since I am not a member and they want to charge me to be one
    Last edited by Abraxas; 05-05-10 at 14:41.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Read this a while ago... The guy seemed to be a little off his rocker IMHO though... No snow shoes, proper clothing etc... If I remember he was actually pretty close to people but didn't know it...

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 02:48.

Feedback Score
    He was dressed in black and carrying only an axe, hoping to hitchhike north. Skepticism about him getting a ride might have been warranted.

A press release on Tuesday garnered tips that allowed police to piece together Mr. Code’s progress.

He had gotten a series of rides to take him to Bradford, Bracebridge, Huntsville, and finally down a dirt road to the start of a snowmobile trail 2.5 kilometres north of his marked campsite.
    Who picks up a hitchhiker these days, let alone one dressed in black and carrying an axe.

Feedback Score
    But he has Bud Light!!!

Feedback Score
    Isn't the whole point of testing your survival skills is to survive? I am not a survival expert but I do understand having a contingency plan. Why not carry those extra things you need to survive, like extra food, radio, small hiking stove etc. and not use them "test" yourself, then when you realize it is not going well break those things out to help you oh I don't know "survive"?

I find it funny how much this guy pushed himself and yet most forums make mention of using "snowshoes" yet this person never once thought of learning how to improvise and make them. I think if I was to study winter survival that would be on the list somewhere.
    This is a test of my signature, if this had been an actual signature you would be instructed to read very carefully.