Page 382 of 397 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3968

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score

Nice paint jobs

Both of your guns look amazing! What type of paint do you have to use to maintain the coat on the gun? I do some auto body painting but idk if the gun metal is different or the same in process. I'm assuming it's not.

Feedback Score
    Very creative! It looks amazing!

Feedback Score
    Can you cerakote a BCG?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry91ggateroos View Post
    Can you cerakote a BCG?
    Yes you can.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes you can.
    Stickman, I think I remember reading where you used cotton balls instead of a sea sponge to camo your AR. Did you have any problems with the cotton getting stuck in the paint?

That particular AR is the whole reason why my kid and myself went the way we did with with our camo paint job. Anyway the reason I ask is we're gonna paint another rifle soon and that little AR of yours is friggin BAD ASS!

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    Stickman, I think I remember reading where you used cotton balls instead of a sea sponge to camo your AR. Did you have any problems with the cotton getting stuck in the paint?

That particular AR is the whole reason why my kid and myself went the way we did with with our camo paint job. Anyway the reason I ask is we're gonna paint another rifle soon and that little AR of yours is friggin BAD ASS!

Thanks.
    Thanks, and there is no problem with the cotton balls sticking unless you are letting the paint start to dry. If it does, just spray more paint onto the ball or grab another cotton ball and get back at it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, and there is no problem with the cotton balls sticking unless you are letting the paint start to dry. If it does, just spray more paint onto the ball or grab another cotton ball and get back at it.
    Thank you. Time to get some cotton balls.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    Thank you. Time to get some cotton balls.
    Swipe them from your wife or daughter, the cotton balls are where ever they keep their nail supplies. The makeup remover pads work as well.

Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Swipe them from your wife or daughter, the cotton balls are where ever they keep their nail supplies. The makeup remover pads work as well.

My kid had a half bag of cotton balls and my Girlfriend had some of the makeup remover pads so the Munchkin and myself are set.

That is a awesome camo paint job and is super easy to do & thank you for the info!

Feedback Score
    Used Rustoleum spray paint. Greens honestly work year-round in East Texas. 20210509_130228.jpg

Page 382 of 397 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast