Page 354 of 398 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajlopez281 View Post
    Got bored the other day and decided to rattle can an upper I just finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sympathize with your political climate. Not talking trash. Poor grip looks... flaccid... paint looks awesome!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score

First attempt at a rattle can job. Nice thing is, now that I’m over the mental hump of painting to begin with, it’ll be a lot easier to make changes down the road.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post

First attempt at a rattle can job. Nice thing is, now that I’m over the mental hump of painting to begin with, it’ll be a lot easier to make changes down the road.
    Good job. Especially for tor first time. Nice use of subdued colors and good blending. After I painted my first AR, I went rattle can cray cray. Buddy of mine had to talk me off the edge. Otherwise I would have painted every single firearm I own.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    ...I would have painted every single firearm I own.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Good job. Especially for tor first time. Nice use of subdued colors and good blending. After I painted my first AR, I went rattle can cray cray. Buddy of mine had to talk me off the edge. Otherwise I would have painted every single firearm I own.

Thanks. I could have been a bit more patient with prep and coats (not sure how durable this will be). For some reason the camera made it look like there was some white in the middle; it’s the same khaki as elsewhere.

Now to work up the courage to paint my Razor HD equipped rifle...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Thanks. I could have been a bit more patient with prep and coats (not sure how durable this will be). For some reason the camera made it look like there was some white in the middle; it’s the same khaki as elsewhere.

Now to work up the courage to paint my Razor HD equipped rifle...
    I usually don’t go too crazy when prepping. I have never used a primer paint. I make sure everything that needs taping is taped and the firearm is clean and oil-free. Generally I use sand or khaki as my base coat and blend earth brown and forest green in as needed. If I overdo the barker colors I’ll hit it with more sand. I’ve also tried 3 different paints before settling in on the paint I currently use . I’ve used Krylon, Rustoleum and Aervoe. Of the 3 Aervoe is by far a more durable and long lasting paint. It costs more, but I find in the end it’s worth it. On my optics I always waffle on whether I want to paint or not. That’s a tough decision on the optic. If it’s an optic that I may consider selling, I generally won’t paint it. You lose some shekels on resale value for a painted optic. (Most of the time anyway). I don’t like being that way and you can remove paint, it is just a PITA. I’ll post up a couple of AR’s I painted and you’ll see they are similar to what you did.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 354 of 398 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast