Page 293 of 398 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3977

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I looked through about 10 pages of the 73 pages of the topic and didn't see anything - has anyone found a good match for urban/wolf/stealth grey in a rattle can?
    Not rattle can, but Black Dove Customs has a Cerakote mix he calls "Sneaky Gray" that's almost a perfect match for Magpul's Stealth Grey

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I looked through about 10 pages of the 73 pages of the topic and didn't see anything - has anyone found a good match for urban/wolf/stealth grey in a rattle can?
    Not rattle can, but Black Dove Customs has a Cerakote mix he calls "Sneaky Gray" that's almost a perfect match for Magpul's Stealth Grey

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    Hate to post in a pic thread without something to post (no painted rifles), but damn I like this rifle...

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    What pistol grip is that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    What pistol grip is that?
    The grip is by Executive Ordnance. It's pricey but the comfort, machining quality, fit, etc are out of this world excellent.

The panels are also EO, these are exclusive to that forned (Manticore Arms) but he makes similar ones for Keymod as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Hate to post in a pic thread without something to post (no painted rifles), but damn I like this rifle...
    Thanks.

I'm a proponent of functional camo and not necessarily aesthetic "operator" camo.

High contrasts work exceptionally well close up and at distance. I really don't think there is anything better than ASAT and Rhodesian type patterns.

This is just Walmart camo Krylon - brown and sand.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks.

I'm a proponent of functional camo and not necessarily aesthetic "operator" camo.

High contrasts work exceptionally well close up and at distance. I really don't think there is anything better than ASAT and Rhodesian type patterns.

This is just Walmart camo Krylon - brown and sand.
    I'm the same, with the couple of rifles I've painted (just bolt guns). Simple Krylon stripes with tan, darker brown, and maybe few light passes of OD.

But that rifle made me pull the trigger on another complete BCM lower, and soon another LW Mid upper and a paint job. I've been needing an irons-only training rifle anyway.

My budget thanks you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My basic colt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    I'm the same, with the couple of rifles I've painted (just bolt guns). Simple Krylon stripes with tan, darker brown, and maybe few light passes of OD.

But that rifle made me pull the trigger on another complete BCM lower, and soon another LW Mid upper and a paint job. I've been needing an irons-only training rifle anyway.

My budget thanks you.
    Glad to help!

Can't really beat a simplistic lightweight iron setup and BCMs are still the best value going on right now - uppers and the cosmo lowers. I have this one and another complete BCM 20" with A5 dedicated for irons only.

Speaking of budget, I am also a big fan of the moe handguards - just add the mvg and a cantilever rail section for a light and its perfection. I use a loop of paracord for a sling attachment point (you can see it in the pic) and this is the identical setup on 4 of my ARs.

As with camo, I like to keep it simple stupid for most of my rifles and spend the balance on mags, ammo and a class when I can.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Glad to help!

Can't really beat a simplistic lightweight iron setup and BCMs are still the best value going on right now - uppers and the cosmo lowers. I have this one and another complete BCM 20" with A5 dedicated for irons only.

Speaking of budget, I am also a big fan of the moe handguards - just add the mvg and a cantilever rail section for a light and its perfection. I use a loop of paracord for a sling attachment point (you can see it in the pic) and this is the identical setup on 4 of my ARs.

As with camo, I like to keep it simple stupid for most of my rifles and spend the balance on mags, ammo and a class when I can.

Yeah, I waffled on 16" or 20" for awhile, but I just like the handiness of the 16". And agreed 100% on BCM value. My "RECCE" started life as a BFH FSB upper and complete BCM lower, which was a stupid good value. I eventually shaved the FSB for a KMR13, and I've been missing having a simpler setup. I'll likely run an MS3 on the gun, with a Paraclip up front on an MOE mount and a QD on the endplate. Though, I will be perfectly honest, this is also serving as an excuse to have a rifle to put BCM's teased handguard on, whenever its out.

Page 293 of 398 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast