Page 332 of 398 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    A lot of good looking rifles here. Although I have painted the stocks on several hunting rifles, I have yet to work up the courage to paint an AR.
    Do it! Rattle can will come right off the anodizing. I look at it as an extra layer of protection.
    Pic thread
    Last edited by stank; 10-26-17 at 21:53. Reason: Pic

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Finally decided to try a rattle can job.

That looks fracking outstanding. Is that a midlength upper?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

A lot of good looking rifles here. Although I have painted the stocks on several hunting rifles, I have yet to work up the courage to paint an AR.
    The good thing about rattle can paint jobs is that if you jack it up, you can start over. Seriously. Most of us who have rattle canned more than one AR have probably started over or wish we had. When I’m painting mine I usually start with one base color. For me and my AO (Central Texas) thats khaki/sand. And then I try to blend in earth brown and some dark foliage green for the dead leaves, dirt and junipers/cedars. Invariably I’ll have to hit some spots with the khaki again. Re-touch up the brown etc. My goal is to never try to make it “pretty” or look “cool” but to just break up any patterns and break up solid colors. I like black rifles but they can stick out like a sore thumb. But be warned. My buddy who kinda educated had to tell me “Put down the paint can Robert.” because I was getting a little carried away. Nowadays my build has to stay about a year without any part changes before I’ll thibk about painting. Nothing worse than painting a part just to decide you don’t want it and pull it off. So my advise before you paint is make sure you are settled as much as possible on how your AR is configured. When you know that you know :-) your happy, then hit up your Lowe’s for some Krylon or Rustoleum camo paints. . Good luck,fear not and post pics when you’re done!

Another paint job..
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-26-17 at 23:53.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Simple.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    got a really great price on the ECOS that I couldn't pass up! Hopefully I can get the rebate on it

https://image.ibb.co/mRFmVm/20171028_193559.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackbox; 10-29-17 at 16:15.
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I like that. Is it just using a sponge to dab paint over a light brown base?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like that. Is it just using a sponge to dab paint over a light brown base?

I’m too cheap for sponges, we used cotton balls and sprayed paint directly onto them. The base coat was banded of a few colors.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’m too cheap for sponges, we used cotton balls and sprayed paint directly onto them. The base coat was banded of a few colors.
    Ha, ok. Looks good.

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Duplicate
    Last edited by flenna; 10-29-17 at 18:25.

Page 332 of 398 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382 ... LastLast