Page 342 of 398 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3976

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by npena84 View Post
    Colt SOCOM upper on a SOLGW lower. My ghetto attempt at Mulitcam/MTP. I'm kinda meh, but overall I'm happy with it.Attachment 51476Attachment 51476Attachment 51476
    What I see in your pics looks like a first-rate camo job, very well done. If I wasn't inclined to paint my own, I'd be asking you to help me out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Nicely done Shane. Man I just dig those PRI handguard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he said

Feedback Score
    I traced a multi am pattern I found on Google, and a little free hand with the scissors when the tracing wore off a bit. I used this method

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/pa...e-multicam-ish

Sorry if I'm not supposed to link to other forums. I used a sponge for the transitions. Rather then the method described in the link.

As for the SOLGW lower, I'll admit the 1776 geekery got to me lol. The lower is top notch, and it has the "fighting trigger" which is comparable to the Scionics trigger or BCM PNT. Anyway it compares favorable to my ALG ACT. The quality is much more apparent compared to my first lower which was a PSA. Everything is smooth down to the takedown pins. I would recommend, especially for the $ I got it.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Just realized who I'm posting behind. Recognize the scope?

SPR by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    And the mount.....
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    That means alot coming from you Doc. Thanks for the feedback, can't wait to get it in the wild! I thought color scheme would be good for FL.
    If you think about it can you post some pics of it in the wild of FL when you can? I bet it is going to blend in real nice.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    What I see in your pics looks like a first-rate camo job, very well done. If I wasn't inclined to paint my own, I'd be asking you to help me out.
    Do it man, you can always take it off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If you think about it can you post some pics of it in the wild of FL when you can? I bet it is going to blend in real nice.

If I get a chance sometime this week, will do!
    Last edited by npena84; 04-11-18 at 18:01. Reason: Bad emoji

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I traced a multi am pattern I found on Google, and a little free hand with the scissors when the tracing wore off a bit. I used this method

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/pa...e-multicam-ish

Sorry if I'm not supposed to link to other forums. I used a sponge for the transitions. Rather then the method described in the link.

As for the SOLGW lower, I'll admit the 1776 geekery got to me lol. The lower is top notch, and it has the "fighting trigger" which is comparable to the Scionics trigger or BCM PNT. Anyway it compares favorable to my ALG ACT. The quality is much more apparent compared to my first lower which was a PSA. Everything is smooth down to the takedown pins. I would recommend, especially for the $ I got it.
    I’ve never used a BCM PNT, and I doubt I will, but I am a big fan of the ACT, IMO , hard to beat for the money. Only trigger in that range I’ve ever used that I consider is better is the EDT2 when they are on sale at JoeBob’s.
    Since my 2nd painted AR I’ve wanted to do something along the lines of the pattern of my woodland camo BDU’s, but a little lighter In color. Here in CENTEX we have some dark greens and a lot of tans and browns, but not the rich topography you have in FL. But honestly I just haven’t had the confidence to try it. As far as camo goes, I believe the woodland was the best that Uncle Sam has fielded today. I’ll read the LightFighter thread and maybe I’ll give it a shot. Right now I kind of do a sand, dark earth blend that works well for CENTEX, but maybe it’s time to step it up a notch.
    Thanks for the heads up on SOLGW, I also like the fact they are Texans and for the link on the painting. May shoot you a PM if I have questions.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I’ve never used a BCM PNT, and I doubt I will, but I am a big fan of the ACT, IMO , hard to beat for the money. Only trigger in that range I’ve ever used that I consider is better is the EDT2 when they are on sale at JoeBob’s.
    Since my 2nd painted AR I’ve wanted to do something along the lines of the pattern of my woodland camo BDU’s, but a little lighter In color. Here in CENTEX we have some dark greens and a lot of tans and browns, but not the rich topography you have in FL. But honestly I just haven’t had the confidence to try it. As far as camo goes, I believe the woodland was the best that Uncle Sam has fielded today. I’ll read the LightFighter thread and maybe I’ll give it a shot. Right now I kind of do a sand, dark earth blend that works well for CENTEX, but maybe it’s time to step it up a notch.
    Thanks for the heads up on SOLGW, I also like the fact they are Texans and for the link on the painting. May shoot you a PM if I have questions.

Sample of one, I prefer the ACT as well. I thought about doing more green for a "woodland" look. We had somewhat of a drought this winter in FL. So I think that's where the brown and tan became more of an influence. But woods here can vary, and are very color rich. So I think I got a little bit of both. And please feel free to PM any questions. I may have some for you as well, I'm a fan of your contributions here.
    Last edited by npena84; 04-11-18 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sans the flat Urethane sealer-

Page 342 of 398 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast