Page 349 of 398 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yeah I forgot about that. Damn the internet and the lack of voice inflection!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I obviously failed at the sarcasm, but I agree on the methods of painting. I was more referring to rifles spontaneously melting after being painted, and how ridiculous it is to think they are going to somehow irreparably be damaged by spray paint. Like I said though, failed joke on my part.
    Subtle sarcasm makes a good trap.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    Not an AR but it takes AR mags, so....

Painted by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Nice! You do that yourself? Stencils? Cerakote? Would love to do a VZ58 like that

Feedback Score
    Well, here's mine. Cleaned it all off with brake parts cleaner, then a dark brown. Then used artificial leaves for a stencil and sprayed it with the light beige. Then clear coat.

Took the 3X9 off and replaced it with an Aimpoint. Crap - how do I make the pic show up full size? Click to enlarge.....

ar.jpg
    Last edited by Ruark; 11-30-18 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    I like the simplicity of that. It’s amazing how crazy people go to blend in, when deer do pretty well with a couple shades of brown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    Well, here's mine. Cleaned it all off with brake parts cleaner, then a dark brown. Then used artificial leaves for a stencil and sprayed it with the light beige. Then clear coat.

Took the 3X9 off and replaced it with an Aimpoint. Crap - how do I make the pic show up full size? Click to enlarge.....

ar.jpg
    Yup, like the the simplicity of it as well and it looks good. Been thinking of painting my AR, but not sure on how I want to do it. There are a lot of great paint jobs here, but really liking this one.

Feedback Score
    Here's a couple of mine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    Yup, like the the simplicity of it as well and it looks good. Been thinking of painting my AR, but not sure on how I want to do it. There are a lot of great paint jobs here, but really liking this one.
    It's pretty simple, just take your time. I used the Rustoleum camo paint - the sand and dark brown - and some clear flat ("matte") finish.

1. Clean the gun off thoroughly with brake parts cleaner. Probably should avoid getting it on your optics.

2. Carefully mask off the scope lenses, sight adjustment knobs, exposed bolt, trigger, etc. I just used that blue masking tape.

3. Hang it up with a piece of wire threaded through the flash suppressor.

4. Cover the entire gun with the dark brown paint. Two light coats a couple of hours apart. Let it dry overnight.

5. Lay the gun flat on a table. Get some "greenery" from a store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Doing one small section (about 6") at a time, press the greenery against the gun and spray it with the light sand paint. Don't over paint.

6. Let it dry several hours, then turn gun over and do the other side the same way. Get the tops and undersides, too. Let it dry a few hours, then hang it back up and let it dry overnight.

7. Cover with 2 or 3 light coats of clear flat finish, a couple of hours between coats. Let dry overnight. Voila! You're finished!

If you're a little nervous, try doing this with a piece of 2x4 or something first, just to get the hang of it and check the pattern. It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Ruark; 12-01-18 at 22:08.

Feedback Score

DD Mk18 complete upper ( with newer ~.070 gas port)
    Aero Precision lower built with LMT parts kit/receiver extension and H2 buffer
    ALG ACT trigger
    T1 on a DD mount
    M4-2000
    Streamlight railmount HLX
    Magpul and Troy BUIS
    Magpul furniture
    VTAC padded sling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    My MUTT

Last edited by hk_shootr; 12-07-18 at 16:46.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 349 of 398 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast