Page 355 of 398 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

The first AR is my 10.3, probably my most favorite AR to shoot. I cannot get over how smooth it is, even with a shorter barrel.
    The 2nd and 3rd are pics of my “UCAR” (Used Car AR). It was more of an fun experimental project than it was a build that I had a specific purpose for. I wanted to see how much money I could save by building a quality AR with all parts sourced from M4C E&E/friends. It’s a quality build and I saved some shekels. The last pic is the UCAR after a few upgrades. It looks slightly different because I hit it with the rattle can again to paint the buis, WML and optic. I believe in this case I did that with the optic mounted. Normally with a scope I’ll paint it separately but will tie it in to the rifle.

ETA: pics needed to be re-sequenced.

Sent from my using Schlapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-20-19 at 14:06.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    It’s only a bad thing when I decide to part something out for another project. But yeah, I do like my AR’a painted for a few reasons. Here in Texas a black rifle will feel like a red hot cast iron skillet in the summer.

ETA: oh and I was just waiting to see who would say those exact words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 04-20-19 at 14:09.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Using my patent pending painting technique on an 8k USD setup:

I still take a moment of silence and ponder just how far I fall short on my rattle can job. Every time I see this.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    16” bcm elw, rra 2 stage, r2 comp, exps2-2, 15” mcmr, stt2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I've never painted a thing in my life, but my girlfriend and I were bored so we gave it a shot. I wanted a battle worn type look. It's not exactly what I wanted BUT 3 hours ago I thought I ruined my gun. We had issues with the paint just lifting off in areas when we used black on top. We thought the base brown was dry, but in some spots I guess it wasn't. I sat down and rubbed away some of the paint and it turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to a few hours ago.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Finally pulled the trigger on some AERVOE

This one from JulyAZ was my inspiration -

Fresh paint.

I used mostly shades of green, since it's very green here in TN -

Last edited by boomer223; 04-29-19 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KyRo23 View Post
    I've never painted a thing in my life, but my girlfriend and I were bored so we gave it a shot. I wanted a battle worn type look. It's not exactly what I wanted BUT 3 hours ago I thought I ruined my gun. We had issues with the paint just lifting off in areas when we used black on top. We thought the base brown was dry, but in some spots I guess it wasn't. I sat down and rubbed away some of the paint and it turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to a few hours ago.

This is the second attempt for me and I learned a lot about what not to do on the first attempt. Good news is if you end up not being happy with the result, it’s pretty easy to strip it off and try again. Yours looks great! Love the battle worn look and the truth is, you really can’t mess it up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyRo23 View Post

Like @CDCLPC said -

It's really easy to strip all the paint off, if you ever decide to. What you'll need:
    - Kwik Strip (Lowes/ Walmart)
    - Scrub brush (an old tooth brush will work)
    - Chemical resistant gloves (quick-strip is nasty and will burn you)
    - Eye-Pro
    - A well ventilated area, and a method to catch the residue/ runoff (I used a stainless tub, outside)

---
    1. Put the gloves and eye-pro on, no - seriously
    2. Spray the parts down with the kwik-strip
    3. Wait 10-15 minutes - you'll see the paint start to bubble and literally fall-off
    4. Scrub away whatever remains
    5. Repeat as necessary
    6. Rinse everything thoroughly with water
    7. Allow everything to thoroughly dry
    8. Leave as-is, or give the rattle-can another go.
    --
    In my own experience, the quick-strip has had no ill-affects on any of the metal or plastic finishes.
    Last edited by boomer223; 04-30-19 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PieceKeeper View Post
    I love these. I’m looking to pick up a centurion cut out rail and build the same pistol. Totally love the paint.

Page 355 of 398 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast