Page 361 of 398 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    @July AZ - Awesome paint job!

I just want to report for the masses: I hear alot of people say 'spray paint wears right off, like soup: cerakote is the only finish for me!'. Thats complete crap. I tried for over an hour and a half with acetone infused 'nail polish remover', and even tried with 91% isopropahol to see if it would work better. My hands hurt, and there is still spots of paint in a few places. I never thought it would be THIS much work to clean paint off an LPVO and mount. My wife finally walked into the room and said: "woudnt it be easier to just spray it black?". She was right.
    This is what I use and it works pretty goodZ. Really good actually and I’ve used it on an optic and when I was finished the optic looked brand new. I may have some pics of before and after and can post them if I find them. It’s worked great on my AR’s.

Citristrip QCSG801 Paint & Varnish Stripping Gel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF8T6PM..._RM.ADb1CHCKXY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I use Hopped #9 to take spray paint off. Use a paper towel, wipre it down leaving a heavy film, and let it soak for about 30 seconds, and then use a tooth brush to get the rest off. Repeat as necessary. I can usually get a set of irons clean in about 10 minutes, and a scope clean in 30. It isn't hard, just requires some light elbow grease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    That’s very pleasant to look at.

Feedback Score
    At first i had the VIPER pdw "pistol" stabilizer, but honestly it just sucked. Sure it was sorta smaller but its a terrible compromise. not comfortable to shoot with at all.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDAKA View Post
    [/url]
    That’s close to what I’ve been contemplating. Seems like a very practical paint scheme for most areas (medium brown/light brown or tan).
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Very nice. I think you've hit upon a good color/pattern combination.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. My phone camera just cannot capture the true tone/hue of it, but it's close. I think it's a good scheme if you don't want to paint certain parts and the black accents give it a unique look. In actuality, this is my training carbine and I use it try new parts and accessories.

If you are interested in knowing, that's Aervoe Field Drab base and Rustoleum Camo Earth Brown marbling applied with some wide grass. If I did it all over, I would have used less grass so that more dark brown striping is applied. Overall, I'm happy with it.

16" BCM shaved mid-length lightweight barrel upper + ALG rail / Sionics lower with Colt lpk + ALG trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Very nice. I think you've hit upon a good color/pattern combination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That’s close to what I’ve been contemplating. Seems like a very practical paint scheme for most areas (medium brown/light brown or tan).
    I know, haha. I find it odd there are a lot of TAN guns and most people don't live in Arizona or A-stan, but what do i know!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDAKA View Post
    I know, haha. I find it odd there are a lot of TAN guns and most people don't live in Arizona or A-stan, but what do i know!
    I feel like tan/brown is more universal then a green paint scheme. Unless you live in a super tropical place I bet the tan/brown scheme will blend in just about everywhere. Garand Thumb on youtube lives in the pacific northwest and he doesnt use green in his paintjobs at all.

I just used citristrip and had pretty good results after only 30 minutes. For my next paint job Im gonna try and incorporate a medium grey. I might just do the rail as practice and then see how I feel. If it doesnt look good I can just hit it again with citristrip and retry. I might post pics and see what the forum says.
    Last edited by turnburglar; 09-04-19 at 11:21.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I look at deer, rabbits, and coyotes. All grayish brown and browns.

Page 361 of 398 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast