Page 372 of 398 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Here is the final result:

Last edited by Spatten; 05-16-20 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My humble submission - its a take on Multicam Tropic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

That is beautiful!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spatten View Post
    Thanks for the compliments guys. Here is the final result:

This is also very nicely finished.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    These are spectacular. What is the base color?

And thanks for the compliment @stickman!
    Last edited by Spatten; 05-16-20 at 13:53.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

I know Stick already said it, but I'm gonna echo it. That is beautiful!
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks for the compliments - I haven't painted that many rifles, those are #1 and #3 in that pattern, as I just did the Noveske / Nightforce this spring. Here in the FL Panhandle, the humidity / weather limits the useful painting season to around 2-4 weeks in the spring and then again in the fall - otherwise it's too cold / too hot / too humid for it to be worth the effort. I'm sure a pro can paint year around but all I have is my back porch and yard, lol - so the elements are a define factor.

Paint is (in order) Aervoe Light Green (AE951 base coat, all over), then add Woodland Green (AE990), Earth Brown (AE999), and finally Sand (AE977). I have used the same self made stencils out of poster board that I just hold up to the rifle or magazines (I have about 20 AR mags painted as well). The key I have found is to let the paint really dry, so for me it takes about a 4-8 days do a rifle after taping off the parts I want covered. Sometimes less if the sun is out and I can safely leave it out to cure faster.

No special prep other than taping off with painters tape what I want covered - no degreasing or anything like that. For the optic covers, scope turrets, and WML heads I tape completely and then finish it with paint dabbed on a sponge to just break up the area.

This was all trial and error on my sons airsoft rifles and then a MP-15/22. I thought hard about getting a professional job but when you add up shipping both ways and the work, that much coin can keep me in Aervoe for the next 30-50 years. Plus I figure if I ever ended up somewhere other than the south, I'd need a different scheme so why the foook not DITY.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Painted this one for a friend of mine.

BCM 9" .300blk pistol

Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My first time. Going to pick up an FDE Grip and waiting on a different brace to paint. Not sure what to do about the can.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Here’s a project I’m working on. My 308. I honestly haven’t decided how I want to proceed beyond beyond the Aervoe Coyote (1086), that was a pain in the buttocks to pick up. I’m thinking I’ll do my usual camo net blending/over-spray. For the first time I painted my can. I’m not confident in how it’s going to hold up to significant heat, but it has been in the oven curing now about 5 hours. It hasn’t been a mag dump type of rifle aside from some earlier testing I was doing, but push come to shove, it can dispense oils faster than pharmacist from CVS.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 372 of 398 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast