Page 385 of 398 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3974

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Just used Aervoe spray paint before I assembled it.
    How long does paint last/how durable is it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    How long does paint last/how durable is it?
    Much like any finish, it depends on the prep. I cleaned it off with carb cleaner, then heated the surface, then sprayed it. It’s held up well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I hope this is a sign of things to come from Centurion
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To those of you who have painted/tried to paint a previously cerokoted finish, does it actually work? Will rustolium or Aervoe adhere enough to make it worth it?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To those of you who have painted/tried to paint a previously cerokoted finish, does it actually work? Will rustolium or Aervoe adhere enough to make it worth it?

Thank you

Feedback Score

Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post

Thank you
    You can definitely spray paint over the cerakote. The only issue is that it may wear down a bit quicker than if it was over aluminum. When the cerakote cures it forms a sealed surface that has a smooth finish that is not good for adhesion of paints. Additionally once cerakote is cured you cannot add more cerakote over the top. The uncured cerakote will not bond with cured stuff. It will need to be completely blasted off and coated with new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AAdkins5944; 07-30-21 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAdkins5944 View Post
    You can definitely spray paint over the cerakote. The only issue is that it may wear down a bit quicker than if it was over aluminum. When the cerakote cures it forms a sealed surface that has a smooth finish that is not good for adhesion of paints. Additionally once cerakote is cured you cannot add more cerakote over the top. The uncured cerakote will not bond with cured stuff. It will need to be completely blasted off and coated with new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, that is what I thought. I might try it on one of my rather worn pistols.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Painted with Aervo olive drab and Sand and a little Johh Deere Tractor paint the Aervo took for ever to dry.

Page 385 of 398 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast