Page 51 of 398 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score

Painting my Carbine.

I have been thinking of painting my carbine, Is there a special type of paint. Will every day spray paint mess up your weapon.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    no regular paint wont mess up the gun, just mask everything off real well. Also keep in mind Dura Coat or bake on will last longer than regular stuff. But my gear is all standard paint and it works fine.
    “It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” Samuel Adams

Those that bleed with me are forever my brothers OCT 28

Feedback Score
    Just wondering how you guys are doing your painting. I want to paint mine but I don't want it to be a half-ass job. I am going for a desert color. How are you getting the paint to seal in and not flake off. thanks for help guys
    Salvation thru Suffering

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    anodized aluminum and parkerized steel actually make really good bases for paint. if you scrape it with something harder than the paint, it will scratch off.. and constant soaking in gun oil will break the paint down around those areas where it perpetually oozes out- like around the FCG pins. and it will wear off, by prolonged and repeated contact with your hands... painting your AR is simply not a permanently perfect coating. primer will help it last longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    anodized aluminum and parkerized steel actually make really good bases for paint. if you scrape it with something harder than the paint, it will scratch off.. and constant soaking in gun oil will break the paint down around those areas where it perpetually oozes out- like around the FCG pins. and it will wear off, by prolonged and repeated contact with your hands... painting your AR is simply not a permanently perfect coating. primer will help it last longer.
    Nice blaster btw. Any carbine/rifle that goes through hard use will eventually look that.
    Krylon works well for most applications, but but it does come off eventually.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just did my first paint job on an AR (well my MP15-22), this has been a long time coming as I have been involved with these things for a decent amount of time. I do not know what took so long, I am happy with the results and the effort put in.

Last edited by karmapolice; 04-28-10 at 22:14.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Another:

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nothing special.
    Medium brown over OD furniture.

Page 51 of 398 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast