Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical) 3-Day Precision Rifle - Nov 5-7, 2010 - NC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical) 3-Day Precision Rifle - Nov 5-7, 2010 - NC

Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical) 3-Day Precision Rifle - Nov 5-7, 2010 - NC‎

Spartan Tactical LLC offers realistic combat focused training in all aspects of modern warfare. Our tactics and training techniques are combat proven and currently used in the US Special Operations arena. We are constantly evolving our training to meet the current threat. Our training staff has been in harms way and realizes what is important and relevant in training. We offer a no-nonsense approach to training. We train to proven established principles and highlight effective techniques to accomplish the mission. Our tactical exercises and competitions are challenging and realistic. Attendance in any of our courses will greatly improve anyone's skills and tactical abilities.

www.spartantactical.com

Jim Smith is a highly skilled instructor with 25 plus years of Tactical Firearms Instruction experience. He is a well-respected member of the Special Operations community and has a wealth of real world tactical and instructional experience. Jim’s laser direct and intuitive style of teaching will quickly elevate any agency’s tactical ability. Having been an Airborne Ranger, Special Forces Engineer and a Delta Force Operator, Jim has a lengthy operational background with real world combat experience. His past experience includes participating in several combat raids and high threat security details in hostile overseas locations. Jim is a recent former member of the AWG and only teaches what is tactically relevant and in current use.

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com

Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical) 3-Day Precision Rifle - Nov 5-7, 2010 - NC‎

Precision Rifle - Three-day course consisting of long-range precision shooting from distances of 50 to 500 yards. We will be covering the following subjects: Safety, Rigging of the precision rifle, fundamentals of marksmanship, zeroing, ballistics, elevation & wind hold offs, positions, angle shooting, camo & concealment, movers, rural and urban operations. We will also thoroughly cover alternate positions, low light firing techniques, range estimation, and many other advanced techniques.

We will shoot several challenging courses of fire to include moving targets, snap, target discrimination drills, coordinated command firing, shooting through glass, advanced stress courses & competition and advanced urban operations. During this course the latest techniques & equipment will be highlighted.

***You must shoot a precision rifle. Both semi auto and bolt guns are welcome. Caliber is up to the student but the minimum is 5.56mm and maximum .338. ***

Primary Instructor: Jim Smith

- Class dates: Nov 5-7, 2010

- Cost: $600 (Range fees are included)

- Location: Private range NC‎ (Roughly 45 minutes North of Fayetteville, NC)

- Range facilities:

- Class size: Maximum twenty students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
    - Precision rifle with BDC rifle scope
    - Rifle bipod
    - 500 rds ammo
    - Clear eye protection
    - Hearing Protection
    - Round count/ Data book
    - Cleaning kit
    - Spotting scope w/ tripod and/or binoculars
    - Notebook and pen
    - Rifle Sling (Preferably 2 point sling adjustable)
    - Pistol, holster, Pistol magazine pouch, minimum two pistol magazines, and 200 rds handgun ammo
    - Shooting mat (If desired)
    - Rangefinder (If desired)
    - Wind meter (If desired)
    - Calculator or PDA (If desired)

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
    http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...FLE/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
    training@greygrouptraining.com
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 06-07-10 at 23:31.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    For those of you you might be considering this........ Just do it!!!!

Training with Jim was one of the highlights of my tactical training experience. He is the real deal, knows his stuff with real world experience to back it up, not to mention on heck of a nice guy.

Jim, if your reading this... It was an honor to train under you, and I'll be looking for the next time your back in So. California.

Spartan Tacical Patrol Rifle class AAR
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33049
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 04-05-10 at 20:53.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks CAPT KIRK, it's always nice to hear reviews from past students.

I am seriously looking forward to this class myself.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Sign me up

I think that this will be a great training experience. I am really looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    I echo Capt Kirk's endorsement wholeheartedly based upon my training experience with Jim.

Paul mentioned Jim's service with Delta -- I would add that he also served as a Sniper in that unit. So needless to say, Jim Smith has surely forgotten more about the art & science of precision riflery than I dare say most of us will ever know... In the carbine course that I took, Jim's mastery of ballistics & marksmanship was beyond evident.

I look forward to having the opportunity to take his precision rifle class some day.
    Last edited by esskay; 09-27-11 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I'm going to run my MK 12 Mod 1 SPR for this class with 77's.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Class Update:

Grey Group Training is proud to announce that we have partnered with Knights Armament for this class. KAC will be participating in the class with SR25/M110 SASS rifle demos, KAC product demos, etc. Obviously we are very excited to give our students such a great opportunity to learn about, handle/inspect, and shoot some of the finest rifles in the world. Now more than ever we are seriously looking forward to this class

Knight's Armament:
    www.knightarmco.com

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 06-07-10 at 23:31.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are anywhere close to this, go. Jim is one my favorite instructors, and, he's a great guy as well. I've trained with all the big name trainers and I rank Jim at the highest level. Jim's real world experience coupled with his unique teaching style will make this one of the best training experiences you'll ever have.

GermanSynergy - I took a long range (500yd) course with my SPR clone and shot the Nosler 77's. The .308 bolt guns didn't have anything on me. You'll enjoy this course with your gas gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Gosh darnit Paul .. you and GGT are killing me.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been through numerous rifle classes and by far Jim Smith taught me the most when it comes to precision rifle and long (100 yard +) range engagements. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who owns a dependable well built ar-15.
    Noel A. Robleto
    Instructor / Owner
    Virginia Tactical
    noel@virginia-tactical.com
    703-439-9321

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast