Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 930 SPX Update

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Some of my students bring theirs and I allow anyone who wants to use mine (actually the Wife's Mothers day present) to run quals or the training there after with. Mine being a 3rd Gen. I have no experience with the early gens other than the students run 100% with the Federal duty rounds we use and the high brass shot for poppers.

The only downside I really see is that you can muck things up trying to set it up cruiser ready. However, most won't do that.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    This is kind of not on topic =\ sorry, but I own a fn slp and I know that the 930 look the same I was wondering if they sell different stocks I want a collapsible stock are there any ?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by maverick223; 08-19-12 at 22:12.

Feedback Score
    Couple hundred rounds of Walmart birdshot through my 930, maybe 20 rounds of buck. Had 2 FTEs during the first ten rounds (birdshot), none since. Very pleasant to shoot compared to my pumps.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Update on mine, I sold it. Overall I wasn't that impressed with this shotgun after using it some more, and I feel it's kinda cheap in areas where it probably shouldn't be. So I sold it and bought another BCM upper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    Update on mine, I sold it. Overall I wasn't that impressed with this shotgun after using it some more, and I feel it's kinda cheap in areas where it probably shouldn't be. So I sold it and bought another BCM upper.
    The finish definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

Ive only put about 50 slugs through mine for break in. Found it more accurate than i thought a shotgun could be. Froglubed the hell out of the bolt and gas piston before i took it out. No problems here so far.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Agree about the finish... probably cerikote it. However, still 100% failure free.

Still needs a shorter stock!!!!!
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Agree about the finish... probably cerikote it. However, still 100% failure free.

Still needs a shorter stock!!!!!
    Zeus,

I've mentioned (as others have) it's really quite simple to chop and inch or stock of the total LOP. I swear the only irritating thing about doing it is cutting down that butter soft like recoil pad.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Zeus,

I've mentioned (as others have) it's really quite simple to chop and inch or stock of the total LOP. I swear the only irritating thing about doing it is cutting down that butter soft like recoil pad.

-Jax
    It's primarily the Wife's go to long gun (prefers it over my carbines). She's a buck 35 and it needs more than an inch keeping the soft recoil pad. She's a shooter, but dainty none the less. I've looked at the various stock chop posts, but the recoil tube needs to be shortened too. Cutting and pinning the tube is easy, but I don't have the proper die to re-thread it. Even certain people at Mossburg say the spring doesn't need to be shortened if you are only taking 1-1.5" off the tube.

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    I've had my 930 Jerry Miculcek model for about 6 months. It's been 100% reliable through several hundred rounds of various birdshot, buck and slugs. No complaints at all.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112