Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchased first wheel gun

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Purchased first wheel gun

Well I pulled the trigger so to speak on my first revolver...a S&W 442 with no IL! Bud's had them in stock and after doing much reading, the no lock variety is the way to go (not trying to start that drama here). It's going to be my off-duty summertime pocket carry.

Anything else I need to know about the 442 that I might not have picked up on?

Pocket holster...check
    ammo....check
    Bianchi speed strips...check

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Great choice.

You need one more item: Crimson Trace Laser Grip.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get at least one Safariland Comp I speedloader.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Great choice.

You need one more item: Crimson Trace Laser Grip.
    Negative on the laser. We are not allowed to have a laser on any weapon we qualify with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger so to speak on my first revolver...a S&W 442 with no IL! Bud's had them in stock and after doing much reading, the no lock variety is the way to go (not trying to start that drama here). It's going to be my off-duty summertime pocket carry.

Anything else I need to know about the 442 that I might not have picked up on?

Pocket holster...check
    ammo....check
    Bianchi speed strips...check
    That is a great gun and it is so use full. Sometimes they need a little love on the inside.
    We like to install a longer firing pin in the gun for reliability it just makes good sense.
    We also chamfer the charge holes for extraction and ejection.

WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Negative on the laser. We are not allowed to have a laser on any weapon we qualify with.
    Put it on after you qualify Check out this thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=50062. I should be picking mine up today too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    God forbid I ever get in an off duty shooting..the CT grips would be a bitch to take off afterwards.

Thanks for the heads up on that link. Don't know how I missed it. I need to find those dark slim wood grips pictured below (on the right).

Feedback Score
    Bought myself one for my birthday in January.

Check out some Craig Spegel grips.

Ron

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Picked up my no-lock 442 on Monday. It hasn't left my pocket since doing so. Generally carry a G19, however my four year old is getting a bit more active and after going on several long bike rides, with me walking beside him, I decided that something lighter and more concealable would be nice for shorts when the summer temps start climbing. It was a nice bonus when my dad dropped off approx. 1500 rounds of .38 Special afterwards that he said he doesn't want anymore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Learn how to point shoot and lasers will not seem as necessary as some make them out to be.

I've been on this earth 43 years and I have never been outdoors in such a dark place that not enough light is left to see "metal on meat".

J frames are close in weapons. Anyone thinking they might be used for shooting at someone 25, or even 15 yards, away is engaging in mental masturbation.

ETA: spare me the comments of 50 yard shots on steel or paper using a J frame. I've made them too with my 637. That's not their purpose and that is not how they will be used. That is reality.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 04-07-10 at 19:17.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast