Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purchased first wheel gun

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger so to speak on my first revolver...a S&W 442 with no IL! Bud's had them in stock and after doing much reading, the no lock variety is the way to go (not trying to start that drama here). It's going to be my off-duty summertime pocket carry.

Anything else I need to know about the 442 that I might not have picked up on?

Pocket holster...check
    ammo....check
    Bianchi speed strips...check
    I have a 442 as well. I needed to qualify with it, so I jumped on line with a bunch of other folks that were getting ready to shoot a qualification course with their Glock 22s and 23s. We started shooting from the 7 yard line and I was really having to hustle to keep the little 5 shot up and loaded along side the 13 to 15 round duty guns.

I had a small revelation.......If I was going to get into a fight, I may want to have MORE bullets. I was planning on carrying the 442 as a off-duty gun, but now when I do carry it, it is in addition to a full sized fighting pistol.

I would sooner have it over nothing and you can load it up with some 110 gr. Corbon. Watch out though.......don't shoot your eye out!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just picked mine up today with some snapcaps for practice and Gold Dots for carrying.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lookin' good! Mine hasn't shipped yet.

Feedback Score

However, I tend to carry this more these days.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post

However, I tend to carry this more these days.

What auto is that?
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like the 442 and the 642 pistols. But the front sight tends to disappear for me. I found that a bit of orange model paint on the ramp of the front sight really helps me see the sight. Especially on the 642. A Q-Tip makes a good paintbrush for doing this.

Other than that, my 642 is stock. I'm currently on my third one. Have this stupid habit of selling them, then latter regretting doing so. My current one is staying. I'm considering having someone engrave the side of the pistol with "Do not sell me!".
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 04-11-10 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well she's finally on my qualifications card. I am certified to carry the 442 off duty.
    Can you say hand cannon? I didn't realize the range gave me +P ammo to qual with until I fired the first round. It was quite a surprise.

Feedback Score
    You made a great choice. I have one and it is very easy to conceal in a pocket holster without weighing your pants down. In the summer with shorts and a tee shirt it is very easy to carry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ordered a High Noon Bare Asset holster for it this morning. It was an inexpensive IWB. I'll give it a shot to see how it feels. I can always return it.
    With that said, I went to a local BBQ joint this afternoon with the 442 in front pocket (in a Nemesis). It carried just fine but I wasn't too sure about the bulge in my front pocket. haha No one paid attention.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123