Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GEMTECH Halo Suppressor

Feedback Score
    Suicide, no harm, no foul.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    While it is of great interest to everyone what the inventory levels at AAC look like for a particular product, this is not the thread for such matters. Continuing posts that foster aggression will not be tolerated here.

If someone would like to discuss the topic of AAC inventory, please start a new thread, check the attitude at the door, and discuss the matter like adults.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I removed all the unrelated comments (with the exception of Shivan's)

I am aware of some of the underlying feelings here, and it will not be tolerated.

There is to be no slagging of products or manufacturers -- nor is there to be any "shilling" and pushing products in unrelated threads.

Feedback Score
    Ive got one, I love it, swap it around between 4 uppers. For me it makes it quiet enough to shoot with no ear pro on with my 11.5.

I must admit I dont have any other silincer experiance though.

I just wish I could figure out how to clean out the thing, its full of carbon.

Feedback Score
    I shot one on an 11.5, and it is quiet. And massive. Depends on what you are looking for.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustedAce
    Ive got one, I love it, swap it around between 4 uppers. For me it makes it quiet enough to shoot with no ear pro on with my 11.5.

I must admit I dont have any other silincer experiance though.

I just wish I could figure out how to clean out the thing, its full of carbon.
    It shouldn't need cleaning, really, but if you really want to you could soak it in 50/50 Kroil and Shooter's Choice for two or three days. That's what I use for my .22 cans and it really lifts the gunk out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by generic
    It shouldn't need cleaning, really, but if you really want to you could soak it in 50/50 Kroil and Shooter's Choice for two or three days. That's what I use for my .22 cans and it really lifts the gunk out.

Thanks.

I really want to clean the thing, it must have doubled in weight since I got it from build up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My wife (9x19 here) is thinking about either selling her M496 or having Gemtech convert it to either a G5 or HALO. They can do it but I forget how much they charge.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    My wife (9x19 here) is thinking about either selling her M496 or having Gemtech convert it to either a G5 or HALO. They can do it but I forget how much they charge.

To convert the M4 96D over to a G5 or Halo configuration it in the $150 to $200 price range.

My 96D was converted over to a G5 and a friend has his 96D converted over to a HALO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12