Thread: Danner customer FOR LIFE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Danner customer FOR LIFE!

I posted some pictures of my old Danner GTX boots (2 years old) in my Nike boot thread. The sole on one of the boots was cracked. M4C member signal4l suggested I contact Danner and tell them my sole had cracked. It was a material defect and is not supposed to crack like that. My pair was wearing quite nice and had some life left IMO. I probably could have squeezed about a month or two on them but the crack made them unserviceable.

So I said what the heck and emailed Danner customer service. They replied with 24 hrs and told me to send them in for inspection. I didn't hear anything from them or was expecting a miracle or even to replace them. Mind you my boots were worn and almost at the end of their service life.

Fast forward 3 weeks later. UPS just dropped off a box at my door. I wasn't expecting anything. Low and behold it was a package from Danner. What was in the box? A brand new pair of Striker GTX boots. Customer for life? You bet.

Feedback Score
    The tread keep wearing out on my Danner boots. Been through 6 pair in as many years. Just love that sneaker like fit and feel.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Wink

Glad to be of service. Less money spent on boots = more money for guns.

I had a similar result with Columbia Sportswear. The zipper on a 5 year old coat broke last winter. I called them and was told to send it in. I offered to pay for the repair. They declined my offer and sent a new $100 + jacket to me.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    Lifelong Danner user/ Fan here as well.

Started wearing them at Ranger Battalion and they are like slipper.

I had the tread wear issue.... they fixed it.

Yeah they are pricey but over the long haul.....Priceless.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Danner has great customer service, they'll either repair it or replace 'em.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Combat lossing my Danner CWMBoots was the best decision I've made in a while.
    My other three pairs aren't bad either!
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Was it cracked like this?

My pair is also two years old. The soles are worn, but not what I'd call "worn out." Based on your success with Danner's customer service I need to shoot them an email.
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It was cracked like your boots but IMO yours are worn and at the end of their service life. I still had tread left on mine. They were still visible. I mean you can try but don't expect free boots. I didn't.... I just told Danner my boots were still serviceable and for someone to evaluate them because of the crack. I didn't ask for a replacement. I just wanted to know why they cracked when I could still wear them to work.

Now I know you are still wearing your boots but they have no tread left. They might see that differently than in my situation.

Good luck!
    Last edited by 021411; 04-11-10 at 01:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Now I know you are still wearing your boots but they have no tread left. They might see that differently than in my situation.

Good luck!
    Yeah at best they only had a few more months of service left before cracking, but not much more. I'll email them and see what they say. Regardless of the outcome these boots are GTG and I'll definitely have another pair.

Thanks for your help!
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Me Too!

I have 5 or 6 pairs of Danner's various stitch-down boots. I would like to try a pair of Telson's.

Back in 2001 I had sent them back a pair of Olympic's (all leather, similar to Acadia's, discontinued) to be re-soled for about $90. After getting them back, one of the soles bagan to detatch. I called Danner CS. They asked that I send them back and that they would handle it if it was an error on thier part.

Handle it? Boy did they. They NEXT DAY aired me and brand new pair of Recon's, a $250 boot.

Danner is a great AMERICAN company with great products and customer service.