Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Build, Thoughts, Comments, Opinions?

Feedback Score
    Did you go with the Mega upper?

Feedback Score
    yes sir! got the mts-300 (midlenth) version of their quad monolithic

Feedback Score
    Payj,
    I just bought the same Mega Upper and lower combination. I'm having them shipped directly to Spike's Tactical where they will implement the Mega combo into a custom build. Great people. It's going to be a 16" DI mid-length, Magpul ACS stock and Miad grip, nickle-boron BCG and LPK, Troy BUIS. I'm putting a Trijicon TA45-2 ACOG on top. I wanted a reasonably light, high-quality carbine for range and competition. This should do the trick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch1706 View Post
    I was under the impression that the BCM/Vltor Gunfighter charging handle was designed to prevent getting bitten by it?

I think it might just be a personal issue. Most of my buddies have 0 issues. My hands get bitten from time to time, though.

Feedback Score
    Well a few months have gone by and I have slowly got some parts.

I currently have the upper, barrel (centurion arms), gas block and Brake (pws556). I plan on ordering the stock, lpk, grip and trigger on Monday. That leaves me with the bcg and charging handle. The bcg is out of stock at the moment so I am going to wait on that.

I am trying to buy parts that I need help to install first. I am hoping to have it all put together around mid-July.

I am most likely going to have Rainier Arms put it together for me. I have none of the tools required so I think it would be best. Has anyone had them do work for them? What are peoples impressions with them as far as gunsmithing goes? I live in the Seattle area, if there are any gunsmiths you think would do a better job in the area let me know.

Feedback Score
    Nice parts list, I recently built a rifle using the standard Mega billet upper and lower receivers. IMO if you have any type of mechanical skills and can follow directions it is very easy to build an AR15 with a few tools. The only specialized tools you really need are some type of vice block, and a combo wrench, that is assuming you have other commonly found hand tools. The parts are all modular so as long as all the parts are in spec it will go together super easy. It is also very rewarding knowing that you built the rifle from a pile of parts.

Feedback Score
    Ya I was anything to do it myself, but I have none of the tools needed. I have no vice/gun vice or anything else. I also need a torque wrench to properly install the barrel to the upper, which I do not have. So, at this point it will be cheaper and less of a headache to have it put together.

Feedback Score
    Just got the emod today, lpk is on its way too! I should get this thing put together next week, minus the bcg (out of stock atm) CH and trigger. It will at least look like a rifle. Those three items are basically drop-in so I don't need any help with them... Will post pics when its done!

Feedback Score
    Well it is getting built! Took it to Rainier earlier this week. I will most likely pick it up the week after the 4th. I will post picks asap.

Thanks for all help and comments!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123