Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mega or DD Lower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Your fine as long as you are not short stroking with some of the weaker ammo PMC and others. I wouldn't worry to much with the ejection pattern because it will start clocking forward the ejection pattern after 2-3k rounds.
    I definitely learned something today - thanks . Is the change due to the parts getting broke in?

I may try one round of my Wolf 55 grain just to see if it will lock back....even though I hate the thought of one of those dirty rounds running through it .

FYI - I was referencing the graph in this thread when referring to the 4:30 pattern being borderline:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=42660
    Last edited by 01tundra; 04-26-10 at 13:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
    I definitely learned something today - thanks . Is the change due to the parts getting broke in?

I may try one round of my Wolf 55 grain just to see if it will lock back....even though I hate the thought of one of those dirty rounds running through it .

FYI - I was referencing the graph in this thread when referring to the 4:30 pattern being borderline:

I believe it is a combination after 500 rounds every thing is broken in. After that gas port erosion will be the other culprit. My rifle started out ejecting xm193 at the 4-4:30 position I am just over 3000 rounds and xm193 ejects at 3:00 now. I run LMT enh BCG, H-buffer , and the sprinco tactical buffer spring [blue].
    Once it starts ejecting at 2:30 I will install an H-2 buffer to slow it back down some and after that it should be time for a new barrel.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 04-26-10 at 14:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    I believe it is a combination after 500 rounds every thing is broken in. After that gas port erosion will be the other culprit. My rifle started out ejecting xm193 at the 4-4:30 position I am just over 3000 rounds and xm193 ejects at 3:00 now. I run LMT enh BCG, H-buffer , and the sprinco tactical buffer spring [blue].
    Once it start ejecting at 2:30 I will install an H-2 buffer to slow it back down some and after that it should be time for a new barrel.
    Gotcha - thanks.

Feedback Score

I believe that 55 grain UMC FMJ is weaker than wolf and PMC bronze is very close to wolf as far as feel goes.

Feedback Score
    Very nice weapon. Now all it needs is some Krylon....

Here it is, won't be able to get out to the range until this weekend.....

The upper and lower fit so well together that I can now feel a little movement in the CTR stock, when it was on the BM it felt solid. Not sure if I just got lucky or if all the BCM/DD combos fit so well together.......

BCM 16" lightweight middy upper
    Daniel Defense LITE 12.0 rail
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle (medium)
    BCM BCG (auto)
    Colt LPK
    Colt receiver extension & castle nut
    Sprinco "blue" spring w/ carbine buffer
    Geissele SSA trigger
    Daniel Defense QD rear sling attachment plate
    Gear Sector front rail sling mount
    Vickers padded sling
    YH Phantom FS
    Troy Tritium HK folding front sight
    Troy Tritium Di-Optic folding rear sight
    ACOG TA33G-H (w/ Butler Creek Blizzard lense covers - sizes 1 & 3)
    Harris BRM-S bipod w/ Larue LT706 QD mount
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Magpul AFG
    Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    TangoDown rail covers

For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Very nice weapon. Now all it needs is some Krylon....
    Stay tuned for a little color
    Last edited by 01tundra; 05-05-10 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    Added a little color last night............

Last edited by 01tundra; 06-01-10 at 07:13.

Feedback Score
    I got my Grant built DD lower on Saturday. I got the Colt LPK and Magpul UBR installed. It's mated with my Noveske middie (basic with FSB and SWS rail). I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but I'm very impressed with the build quality. My setup is heavy and very solid. I like heavy rifles (yeah I know, I'm gonna feel the pain in a carbine course - no pain no gain ) I could easily butt stroke some one, or use it as a club.

The only issue I have had is it will not drop my pmags.

I'll post pics when I can.

Feedback Score
    Added a little color last night............

Not going to lie, I love this look! Gorgeous! NOW I like your style! Don't mean to highjack!

Last edited by michschi; 05-11-10 at 19:49.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123