Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega or DD Lower?

Feedback Score
    Here it is, won't be able to get out to the range until this weekend.....

The upper and lower fit so well together that I can now feel a little movement in the CTR stock, when it was on the BM it felt solid. Not sure if I just got lucky or if all the BCM/DD combos fit so well together.......

BCM 16" lightweight middy upper
    Daniel Defense LITE 12.0 rail
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle (medium)
    BCM BCG (auto)
    Colt LPK
    Colt receiver extension & castle nut
    Sprinco "blue" spring w/ carbine buffer
    Geissele SSA trigger
    Daniel Defense QD rear sling attachment plate
    Gear Sector front rail sling mount
    Vickers padded sling
    YH Phantom FS
    Troy Tritium HK folding front sight
    Troy Tritium Di-Optic folding rear sight
    ACOG TA33G-H (w/ Butler Creek Blizzard lense covers - sizes 1 & 3)
    Harris BRM-S bipod w/ Larue LT706 QD mount
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Magpul AFG
    Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    TangoDown rail covers

Last edited by 01tundra; 04-21-10 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    VERY nice

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
    Here it is, won't be able to get out to the range until this weekend.....

The upper and lower fit so well together that I can now feel a little movement in the CTR stock, when it was on the BM it felt solid. Not sure if I just got lucky or if all the BCM/DD combos fit so well together.......

BCM 16" lightweight middy upper
    Daniel Defense LITE 12.0 rail
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle (medium)
    BCM BCG (auto)
    Colt LPK
    Colt receiver extension & castle nut
    Sprinco "blue" spring w/ carbine buffer
    Geissele SSA trigger
    Daniel Defense QD rear sling attachment plate
    Gear Sector front rail sling mount
    Vickers padded sling
    YH Phantom FS
    Troy Tritium HK folding front sight
    Troy Tritium Di-Optic folding rear sight
    ACOG TA33G-H (w/ Butler Creek Blizzard lense covers - sizes 1 & 3)
    Harris BRM-S bipod w/ Larue LT706 QD mount
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Magpul AFG
    Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    TangoDown rail covers

Looks goood. I have this same upper arriving tomorrow, how do you like it? Do you notice the weight savings?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    Looks goood. I have this same upper arriving tomorrow, how do you like it? Do you notice the weight savings?
    It "feels" light, I meant to weigh it and my BM carbine upper to get an idea of what the difference was. It feels about the same as the carbine does to me, but the carbine also has a DD Lite 10.0 rail on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a BCM 16" lightweight upper with FSB, you can notice the weight savings vs a govt profile. The barrel is machined more towards the end so its noticeably less front heavy feeling.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That thing is Bad A$$!

Feedback Score
    Finally made it out to the range yesterday. Got the BUIS & Acog sighted in short order and then ran 300 rounds of XM193 through it without a single hiccup.......smooth as silk !

I was running my blue Sprinco spring and carbine buffer, so when I got home I decided to give the "H" buffer a try, I wanted to see how the buffer would run in a dirty rifle. The recoil was a slightly less, as expected, and every time I would hold the rifle with one hand (away from my shoulder) it would lock back with no problems.

Next I wanted to compare where the shells were ejecting so I threw the carbine buffer back in, then went back to the "H" buffer. With either buffer the shells were almost landing in the exact same spot - right around 4:30. So now I'm wondering if I should stick to the carbine buffer to make sure I have the most reliable system, since 4:30 is right at the edge of short-stroking from the charts and info I've read...............

Feedback Score
    I like your style! I'm an all black man myself

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So now I'm wondering if I should stick to the carbine buffer to make sure I have the most reliable system, since 4:30 is right at the edge of short-stroking from the charts and info I've read...............
    I've never heard of this before. I have an AR that works fine that ejects at 2:30

Feedback Score
    Finally made it out to the range yesterday. Got the BUIS & Acog sighted in short order and then ran 300 rounds of XM193 through it without a single hiccup.......smooth as silk !

I was running my blue Sprinco spring and carbine buffer, so when I got home I decided to give the "H" buffer a try, I wanted to see how the buffer would run in a dirty rifle. The recoil was a slightly less, as expected, and every time I would hold the rifle with one hand (away from my shoulder) it would lock back with no problems.

Next I wanted to compare where the shells were ejecting so I threw the carbine buffer back in, then went back to the "H" buffer. With either buffer the shells were almost landing in the exact same spot - right around 4:30. So now I'm wondering if I should stick to the carbine buffer to make sure I have the most reliable system, since 4:30 is right at the edge of short-stroking from the charts and info I've read...............
    Your fine as long as you are not short stroking with some of the weaker ammo PMC and others. I wouldn't worry to much with the ejection pattern because it will start clocking forward the ejection pattern after 2-3k rounds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast