Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6004 Shroud Mod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

6004 Shroud Mod

I cannot take credit for this -- basicload from the lightfighter board was the first to draw it to my attention.

The idea is to cut the shroud down so it can be run up higher (better draw stroke and no weight on the legs)

-- All I did was pull the holster up to the height I wanted and noted where the shroud would dig into me.

Then I took a black marker and traced a half moon along the shroud - then cut along the line (I used a saw blade off a SOG tool -- but recently some of my guys have been using Dremels -- and it works a lot better)

The new (cheaper and flimsier) shroud is much eaiser to cut -- but unlike the old one the new one needs to affixed to the leg strap since the plastic sucks (it has a bracket that fall out all the time- so tape it down.

How it wears

Needless to say I've done this two two Glock 6004's here (my light and non light ones) - as well as a Sig, 1911, and BHP one back home...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Kevin, I have been meaning to cut mine for the past three months. Your pictures and instructions will certainly help.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I was one of the fellas on the lightfighter board. My buddy Dan Colasanto and me wear our Safariland 6280's with the 2.5 inch drop UBL and a single leg strap to hold it against your leg better. A bunch of our fellow swat guys cut theirs down just like yours.
    Your lowest form of training will be your highest performance in combat!

Feedback Score
    the HSGI udhp can be placed VERY high on the leg, im guessing just as high as the one above.

I talked to Gene after having problems with it riding to low with the QD belt mount, and he sent me a simple "loop" to use with the holster instead of the QD. It rides real high...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor
    the HSGI udhp can be placed VERY high on the leg, im guessing just as high as the one above.

I talked to Gene after having problems with it riding to low with the QD belt mount, and he sent me a simple "loop" to use with the holster instead of the QD. It rides real high...
    Excellent! I have a UDHP and one of HSGIs plain leg panels. The leg panel has a shorter, simple loop with no quick release buckle. I have been thinking about trying to swap it and see if it would raise the holster up some more on my stumpy leg -- and I bet that's what he sent you. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to play with it too much yet as I'm still waiting on a proper belt.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is a sweet idea. Thanks for the tip.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Kevin, I like the beard.

NOW you like a Canadian.

FYI- I grew up about forty minutes from the border
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beard is gone now -- I was told I looked "too BlackWater"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    did the same mod as kevin's and others. like it much better than 2 straps. pics at the top of this page:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/faq/faqs.html

Feedback Score
    Is that the Schmidt Bender Short Dot that I spy on that rifle?

Nice mod on the holster.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast