Thread: Do I need a riser of an EOTECH EXPS2 to clear a DBAL mounted at 12 o'clock?

Feedback Score

Do I need a riser of an EOTECH EXPS2 to clear a DBAL mounted at 12 o'clock?

I have a DBAL with LEAF iron sights mounted at 12 o'clock on AR with a 16" barrel. I was thinking about adding an Eotech EXPS2-2 and was wondering if the window of the Eotech will be occluded by the DBAL or can I run them in this configuration. Also looking to see if you guys recommend adding a riser or not and if so, what riser would you go with? Thanks
    Steve

Feedback Score
    You don’t need one per se, but I have actually found myself liking a more heads up cheek/chin weld. If you got one just get a unity. I forget where, but some retailer was actually running a deal recently where they included a free unity riser with the Eotech. But your set up will work fine without one.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 01-13-24 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The EPXS series is setup for a lower 1/3 co-witness so it will clear a standard height sight of the DBAL/LEAF combo. That said I use a Unity riser with my EoTech and AP Micro as I much prefer the heads up position especially under NV. Also note the EXPS2 is not NV compatible, if you want the NV power settings you need the EXPS3.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. Will the Unity riser also have room for a flip to the side magnifier if I decide to add one later or will I need an additional riser?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaseMkr View Post
    Thanks for the help. Will the Unity riser also have room for a flip to the side magnifier if I decide to add one later or will I need an additional riser?
    Yes and no. The footprint of the riser itself is small but Unity makes a FTC (fold to center) mount intended to go with their 2.26” height optic mounts which installs on the receiver behind the optic.

https://www.unitytactical.com/produc...y/fast-mounts/

They also make one to go with the GBRS 2.91” height mounts.

https://gbrsgroupgear.com/collections/mounts
    Last edited by titsonritz; 01-13-24 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    One last stupid question. I'm totally having a brain fart. Once the Eotech is zeroed at 50/200 on the Unity Tactical riser, is the hashmark at 6 o'clock on the outer reticle circle still the POA at 7 yards or do I have an additional offset to remember?

Feedback Score
    As already stated, if you are wanting to use NV, then get the EXPS 3-0, 3-2 or 3-4. Eurooptic usually has them for a good to great price depending on if you access their LEO/Veteran program discount.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaseMkr View Post
    One last stupid question. I'm totally having a brain fart. Once the Eotech is zeroed at 50/200 on the Unity Tactical riser, is the hashmark at 6 o'clock on the outer reticle circle still the POA at 7 yards or do I have an additional offset to remember?
    There is additional offset, how much that affects POA/POI is dependent on your barrel length, round used, etc…bottom line always confirm.