Thread: My favorite suppressor cover

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

My favorite suppressor cover

I had to jog around some cans and brought my AAC M42k out of retirement when I needed my Sig DT 556 can for another gasser. It manages gas much better. So since I was running my M42k on my Tikka 223 Bolt gun, I thought I would get a new suppressor cover which is my favorite can cover. HAD Rifles Only cover. Then I like to keep the paracord in place with these Gearward bands.

What is your favorite suppressor cover, made me wonder if there is a new can cover wonder off the world? I have had great luck with these covers.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I had to jog around some cans and brought my AAC M42k out of retirement when I needed my Sig DT 556 can for another gasser. It manages gas much better. So since I was running my M42k on my Tikka 223 Bolt gun, I thought I would get a new suppressor cover which is my favorite can cover. HAD Rifles Only cover. Then I like to keep the paracord in place with these Gearward bands.

What is your favorite suppressor cover, made me wonder if there is a new can cover wonder off the world? I have had great luck with these covers.

PB
    Maybe you could help me understand something.

Quoting the site:
    DO NOT USE THE MANUFACTURER SPECS OFF OF THE WEBSITE AS MANY TIMES THEY ARE END TO END AND INCLUDE THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO COVER. IF YOU HAVE A QD MOUNT, OR A MUZZLE BRAKE/EXTERNAL BAFFLES AT THE FRONT, DO NOT INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR MEASUREMENT AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO COVER THOSE.

So, if I'm correct, I measure approximately where the tip of my QD muzzle device is inside the can to the end of the can and that is what my cover measurement should be?

I have never been interested in these can covers but sometimes when I'm devloping loads, I shoot more rounds than I would normally shoot and the mirage is annoying. Up till now I have just been pouring water bottles on the can to get it cool enough and then going on, but I'm kind of sick of doing that. I just want to make sure I'm supposed to leave a certain amount exposed, the length of the QD muzzle device. I'll probably have to get one for bolts and one for ARs.

Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    Tried a RiflesOnly HAD as a replacement for my cooked Warsport Suppressor Sock, hated it. Thick, never really stayed in place great (though it wouldn't slip off, it would shift around, and make me paranoid about POI shift and stuff), and the cord would sometimes catch on vegetation or gear. Ended up going with the Liberty's Defense Straightjacket. I am also intrigued by the ModTac Suppressor Shields, but they don't work with any of my setups unfortunately.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B35 View Post
    Maybe you could help me understand something.

Quoting the site:
    DO NOT USE THE MANUFACTURER SPECS OFF OF THE WEBSITE AS MANY TIMES THEY ARE END TO END AND INCLUDE THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO COVER. IF YOU HAVE A QD MOUNT, OR A MUZZLE BRAKE/EXTERNAL BAFFLES AT THE FRONT, DO NOT INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR MEASUREMENT AS YOU DO NOT WANT TO COVER THOSE.

So, if I'm correct, I measure approximately where the tip of my QD muzzle device is inside the can to the end of the can and that is what my cover measurement should be?

I have never been interested in these can covers but sometimes when I'm devloping loads, I shoot more rounds than I would normally shoot and the mirage is annoying. Up till now I have just been pouring water bottles on the can to get it cool enough and then going on, but I'm kind of sick of doing that. I just want to make sure I'm supposed to leave a certain amount exposed, the length of the QD muzzle device. I'll probably have to get one for bolts and one for ARs.

Thanks for any info.
    I think they suggest, as I did, I bought a 6 inch cover for a 6.5 inch can. I like to be able too press the knob to get on and off and to let some heat dissipate.

I have never had an issue with my covers moving around, they stay on the gun very well. Also, I take some of my paracord and wrap it around the barrel / mount so that it doesn't slide forward. But if its tight enough, it doesn't move. But you have to really pull the cord tight.

It does help quite a bit with mirage, my only downside is they are beefy and add some weight. YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Does it actually work for sustained fire? I gave up looking at covers because they all seemed annoyingly complicated or they’d melt after one mag of sustained fire. The only alternatives seemed to be the Magpul and similar variants but those also seemed more complex than I cared to deal with, plus bulky and heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've only used this for my bolts for the mirage but don't see why it wouldn't. They do advise to let THE suppressor cool after 80 or so rounds. I like it as I use the E brake on the Nomad 30 and with the kevlar cord, it keeps it from walking off, it doesn't move at all. I'm hoping my Sandman S clears soon though!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Does it actually work for sustained fire? I gave up looking at covers because they all seemed annoyingly complicated or they’d melt after one mag of sustained fire. The only alternatives seemed to be the Magpul and similar variants but those also seemed more complex than I cared to deal with, plus bulky and heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Watch their videos, I have not in a long time but the guy do 2 or 3 mag dumps and they work. If you dont need the extra protection ( Bolt gun), you can use just the outer sleeve without inside protector. They sale with or without the interior for Bolt gun users, but I always keep the extra protection.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-10-24 at 14:02.