Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things you've tried.

Feedback Score
    I bought used guns with different sights, Ghostrings, 24/7 regular and Big Dots, and recently Truglo Fiberoptics with Tritium.
    While none of these brought any real increased speed, they did not give me an allround good sight picture. The Express sights were much slower on any aimed shot, the Truglos gave me no crisp sight picture.

On Glocks I like aggressive stippling, on 1911s a good checkering job. On S&W revolvers customized stippled Hogue grips but none do a "magic" job. I still have to practice regularly or slide downhill.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    On most of my Glocks I have Scott Warren rear sights, Dawson fiber optic front sights, Eric Wesselman grip tape, Glock extended mag catches. On my G34 I also havea KKM barrel because some of my 147gr reloads were tumbling out of the stock barrel.

Yeah I'm a competitive shooter, and people who are 10x better than me both 'train' and 'compete'. I find that the two disciplines compliment each other. Some of the guys you take training from are competitive shooters. Guys like Todd Jarrett, Scott Warren, Phil Strader, Simon Golob, Larry Vickers to name a few.

Scott and Phil are LEOs.

Wesselman tape.

Warren rear sight on the two left pistols, Sevigny sight on the right one.

Warren night sight fronts on the left and right pistols and Dawson fiber on the middle.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have only added a couple of things to my G19. My biggest improvement was to change out the front factory white site for a HI Viz fiber optic site. During the day it's amazing how fast I can get on target and get follow up shots quickly, at nigh it's not a big advantage but I beleive it is better than the factory one. I also added a bigger slide stop which I really love compared to the smaller one and lastly I added a jentra plug, only to stop any debris that will go up in their while carrying concealed because all kinds of things like lint seem to find their way into the hole when the plug is not installed. So basically it is still a stock G19 but it is set up perfect for my likeings and works really well for me. It is by far the handgun I shoot the best

Feedback Score
    I put Heinie Straight Eight Slant Pros on my G22, and have used skater tape / step tape on the grip. The only other additions are 7 normal cap mags and ammo, that's all it needs...

The G26 will get sights just to get rid of the OEM plastic disgraces, already have 5 mags for that with a bunch of extensions as well.

The Kimber Custom 25th Anniv. has needed the most work. So far I've done:

Ed Brown GI length guide and plug
    ISMI 16# recoil spring (for kicks)
    ISMI 19# mainspring (also for kicks)
    Nowlin extended mag catch, with the OEM spring. The nowin spring wouldn't hold the detent and it would get stuck out regularly...
    S&A arched MSH
    Simonich Gunner grips
    Ed Brown FP stop
    a bunch of powermags

Nothing failed or gave me trouble on the Kimber, and it still needs sights.

My Sig has only needed maintenance via spring replacement when they broke (unk round count 3rd owner).

Feedback Score
    Practicing the basics (trigger control, front sight focus etc.) and sending a lot of rounds downrange will make you a better shooter.

I don't care for all of the "extra" stuff on pistols. My P226 is bone stock except it has n/s and a factory Sig short trigger. Since I have smaller hands, the short trigger is the best thing I've done to a pistol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123