Thread: Arc'teryx Epsilon AR Jacket Quickie Review w/pics.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Arc'teryx Epsilon AR Jacket Quickie Review w/pics.

Just a quickie review of a jacket I purchased last week in Seattle. I wanted a new softshell and was in the land of crappy weather so I decided to take adantage of REI's 20% off sale and check out their goods. Original price was $199 and $159 after discount.

The REI Seattle store is HUGE and has a ton of fun stuff to look at if you're at all into outdoor gear. As long as you don't mind fighting your way through dirty hippies driving Subaru wagons, patchoulli, dread locks and chicks with hairy armpits you'll be good to go. After trying on about 20 different jackets I settled on this one, http://www.rei.com/product/795130, and am very pleased with it.

It is made in China and according to my non-professional eye is made very well. The jacket shed water like a duck's ass in a torential down pour on several occasions and performed better than any other type of similar jacket I've ever owned. The jacket stretches well and returns to it's original shape. I really like the slightly longer sleeves and longer back panel.

I'm posting this so people have an idea of size & fit in case they can't try one on in person and want to order off of the internet. I'm 6' 3" and roughly 220lbs at the moment and the jacket is a size Large. The pictures were taken from a crappy tripod that is only about crotch level so the pictures may look a little out of whack. I think this may contribute to seeing the bottom edge of the holster as well.

Other crap I'm wearing... Beltman belt, Brommeland OWB holster and Wilson CQB 5".

Also, I did not attempt to readjust the jacket after moving around and setting stuff up. However far it rode up is probably typical of someone reaching for things and typical everyday activities. If I had pulled the jacket down in the back, or been more careful, it would've definitely covered the holster completely.
    Last edited by Irish; 04-19-10 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thx. Irish for the pics & details. Have an upcoming trip to Crested Butte then another one to see an old friend named Clint near Lakeview OR.

Hoping to take a shell from the Arc LEAF line when I go but need to comm w/ MM first as I value his opinion.