Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 21A - 22 LR

Feedback Score

Beretta 21A - 22 LR

I got a used 22 -21A fired 50 rounds of Stingers no problems, fired 10 Velocitors FTE each time, I called Beretta and they said the gun should shoot regular know 22 ammo from what I have read I would say 75% of the reports recommend stingers, but if I could shoot something else I prefer to save my stingers for more meaningful purposes, what do you guys think.

Also on my new gun would it help if I just cyled the action with hammer cocked to help break in the action if so how long should it take?.

Feedback Score
    ive owned a couple of those little Berettas and both of them really needed several hundred stingers put through them before they became anywhere near reliable with standard velocity .22s. it never really mattered to me, if i ever did drop one in my pocket it had stingers in it anyway
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    I just spoke to beretta they said they didn't reccomend the real powerful stuff like Stingers, they said stingers would wear the gun out to quick, they said they recommend stuff like CCI Velocitor's, I shot 10 velocitors, FTE each time.

I also just verified when my guns were made the used gun 1995, I figure it should be broken in by now but it wouldn't run on the Velocitors, New gun 2009 unfired, will shoot soon.
    Last edited by the G Man !; 04-20-10 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the G Man ! View Post
    I just spoke to beretta they said they didn't reccomend the real powerful stuff like Stingers, they said stingers would wear the gun out to quick
    that really suprises me, i must have punished the crap outta mine
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    no gun out there is going to be more ammo sensitive than a 22-I have seen guns that will only run with one or two types of ammo and refuse to run with anything else- since 22's are still fairly cheap thank god, get a box or two of assorted 22's shoot them and see what functions the gun best and stick with it.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had any luck with this ammo whats the pros & cons using this .22 LR Aguila Super Max 1750 fps 30 gr HP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mine runs well with CCI Mini-Mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Velocitors are at their best out of a rifle. They are usually slower (heavier bullet) out of a pistol than stingers. The small 22lr pistol I have, a Walther tph definitely prefers stingers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Velocitors are made especially for max performance in rifle length barrels.

The one I owned worked great with Stingers and Mini Mags, also Winchester 40gr stuff.

If you gun keeps having stoppages, send it to me and I'll shoot it until it works again, may take a few years but I'm a persistent kind of guy.

BTW, that Aguila ammo from my Beretta would do this weird expand from the rear thing, the ammo fed and fired just fine but left holes in a target that looked like a .38 wadcutter.
    Last edited by tpd223; 04-20-10 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    My wife has a 21a and in my experience it really needs a clean chamber to run reliably. With a clean chamber her's runs great with just about any ammo we put through it. Again, I think the key here is the clean chamber. I have found that after 40-50 rounds it starts to give FTE problems. A couple of runs with a bore snake and its good for another box.

Currently we're running either Winchester Super X 22 HP or CCI Mini Mags. Both have proven extremely reliable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast