Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand gun classes in western Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hand gun classes in western Washington

I'm trying to find a decent handgun fundamentals class to attend in the greater Seattle-Tacoma area. Insights seems like the most viable option. This will be my first shooting class aside from basic safety course. I'm pretty much a self taught target shooter. Focus on defense, stance, posture, grip etc. Economical is a +, but I don't want to skimp on training to save a few bucks either. I would love to take one of the higher end classes some day, but think it would be a waste of money given my current skillset. Maybe a PNTN shoot I could attend up in these parts? Any input is welcome.
    -B
    Last edited by MookNW; 04-20-10 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had friends recommend Insights Training Center. I have been considering taking classes from them since I regularly shoot at West Coast Armory Range.

Feedback Score

I have been to

Seattle Firearms Academy for a handgun class, I believe I got good training.

be safe
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    Take GDH at Inisghts. You wont regret it.

Feedback Score
    I have taken classes from InSights Training Center and would highly recommend

General Defensive Handgun for your first class .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As an Insights instructor, I am obviously biased. General Defensive Handgun is the place to start. You won't be disappointed.

I am teaching GDH on 5/8 and the class is full. John Holschen is teaching GDH on 5/22 and there are still a few spots left. John is truly a world class instructor. His training rivals any of the big names in the industry. He does not often teach GDH. If I was entertaining the idea of attending the course, I would jump on this opportunity.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Jeff
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_M View Post
    I am teaching GDH on 5/8 and the class is full.
    My buddy and I will be there!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up on that Jeff. I'm already signed up for the class on the 22-23rd, and can hardly wait. I'm sure I'll have some Q's for you by then.

Feedback Score
    If you have any skill with writing consider posting a little review in here.

I took GDH in the summer of 08 and found it increased my speed, accuracy and weapon handling skills dramatically. Since then I have taken a number of other courses with Insights, both firearm and unarmed self defense classes, and all have been great learning experiences and loads of fun.
    Last edited by BrianS; 05-06-10 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ten-four

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast