Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SLP MKI

Feedback Score
    The photo I included in my previous post shows a two round soft carrier from 3gun.com. With those to rounds, it puts the total for the Mark 1 to twelve rounds. 2 in that holder and 8+1+1 in the firearm. (yes, you can ghost a round)

A buddy of mine took a Tacstar 6 shot side saddle for a Rem 870, tossed the mounting hardware, and put a 2" wide strip of Velcro on the back of it and also on the side of the receiver. It works great. He ran it through a 2 day tactical course at Front Sight earlier this month. Oh....this was mounted on a Winchester SX2....same design as my SLP Mark 1.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the SLP (18 inch version) with a nordic bolt handle extension and a 6 shot side saddle. I actually wish I would have got the 4 shot saddle instead of the six but that ins another story altogether. I replaced the rear ghost ring sight and front sight post for ones with tritium inserts and I also had some custom work done by Hatfields in Manassas, VA to enlarge the bolt release with a Benelli speed button to make it easier to find by touch and open up a scallop in the fore-stock to make feeding shells easier.

Great shotgun, never had a misfire though I have only a few hundred rounds through it. Its my beside the bed gun loaded with 00 Buck.
    Last edited by jwinch2; 04-25-10 at 18:48.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nice pics everybody. I may look at one of these when I buy another shotgun.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can anyone explain why the MK 1 versions have cantilever optic rails instead of the receiver mounted rails like the normal SLP?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Can anyone explain why the MK 1 versions have cantilever optic rails instead of the receiver mounted rails like the normal SLP?
    On my FN SLP Mk1 (22" model) the optic mount is connected to the barrel. As is the brand new one we have on the wall at the shop.
    I think you're talking about the 18" models.
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 05-08-10 at 12:42.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I always assumed it as designed that way so that your optic would go along with the barrel. I run an EOTech optic on mine. It would make it pretty easy if I wanted to swap over to a longer barrel for bird hunting.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    On my FN SLP Mk1 (22" model) the optic mount is connected to the barrel. As is the brand new one we have on the wall at the shop.
    I think you're talking about the 18" models.
    What I mean is: Why does the 22" version have a rail attached to the barrel (and cantilevered back over the receiver), while the 18" version has a rail bolted straight to the receiver?

Why not have both set up with receiver rails? Or both set up with cantilevered rails?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What I mean is: Why does the 22" version have a rail attached to the barrel (and cantilevered back over the receiver), while the 18" version has a rail bolted straight to the receiver?

Why not have both set up with receiver rails? Or both set up with cantilevered rails?

I would imagine because one might sight in their optic with slugs and would lose their zero when changing barrels. The one we have at work has a rifled barrel. If my boss can get a smooth bore removable choke barrel for it I'm going to buy the rifled barrel for deer hunting here in Virginia and use sabot slugs and an Aimpoint.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a chance to play with the model with the pistol grip stock and adjustable comb? I am debating hard about getting one of these but haven't found one with the pistol grip stock to handle yet. I really like the feel of the SLP MK1. The tactical version is nice but the raised sights seem just a slight bit high for me to get a good cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reviews and pics guys. I've been looking everywhere locally, and not one to be found. Could someone shoot prices and places to search? Would love to get my hands on one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast