Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SLP MKI

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moose drool View Post
    Thanks for the reviews and pics guys. I've been looking everywhere locally, and not one to be found. Could someone shoot prices and places to search? Would love to get my hands on one.
    SGCUSA has them, and there are also some on Gunbroker.

http://sgcusa.com/Shotguns-FN/c86_100/index.html

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moose drool View Post
    Thanks for the reviews and pics guys. I've been looking everywhere locally, and not one to be found. Could someone shoot prices and places to search? Would love to get my hands on one.
    KA-BOOM!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/a...ocv2&x=16&y=11

Good luck.

Kentucky Copper

Feedback Score
    My use, experience, etc. basically dupilcates what gotm4 had to contriubute. 2 years of 3 gun and never malfunctioned and it's built like a tank. I run a Nordic+1 extension for some 3 guns matches.

I've ordered the FN Trirail for home defense and I'm planning to put a TLR1 on this (still need to research to make sure it will be OK with shotgun recoil).

I'm even considering just getting a second FN SLP Mk1.

Feedback Score
    The FN Tri-rail adds some weight up front (where you don't need it, in my opinion). I have one and do not keep it mounted on the Mark1. I take it with me to training (for night shoots) and mount it for that specific course of fire, then remove it. I suppose I could get use to it, but I have no need to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
    The FN Tri-rail adds some weight up front (where you don't need it, in my opinion). I have one and do not keep it mounted on the Mark1. I take it with me to training (for night shoots) and mount it for that specific course of fire, then remove it. I suppose I could get use to it, but I have no need to do so.
    Good point. I looked at some other options for mounting a light and decided the tri-rail was the way to go. I plan to remove it when I shoot 3 gun and any competition not requiring a light.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What made you guys decide to buy the MK 1 over the police SLP?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Part of my decision was the availability of the Mark1 in my area....and the fact that I couldn't get my hands on an 18" SLP. I also like the fact that I can load 10 rounds, if necessary. A little extra length/weight out front gets me back on target a bit faster. I am very satisfied with the Mark1.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
    Part of my decision was the availability of the Mark1 in my area....and the fact that I couldn't get my hands on an 18" SLP. I also like the fact that I can load 10 rounds, if necessary. A little extra length/weight out front gets me back on target a bit faster. I am very satisfied with the Mark1.
    Thanks for the response. I have both available in my area so it's a decision to make when the time to buy comes. I like the shorter length of the 18" SLP, the sights, and that the rail on the receiver is not cantilevered off the barrel, but I like the extra capacity of the MK I.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    What made you guys decide to buy the MK 1 over the police SLP?
    I had both available in my local area and I handled both.

For some reason the SLP (18") didn't feel "right". It may have been the sights or something, still not sure.

That and my main purpose for this was for 3-gun and the occational skeet shooting. So I ended up with the MK1.

Now if they made a 18" SLP with the MK1 rifles sights AND receiver mounted rail.......... I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Feedback Score
    nrose,

I feel about the same as you. Have not yet found one with the pistol grip to handle but the 18" SLP with the raised sights and stardard stock just does not feel right for me. Still wanting and waiting to try one with the pistol grip and the stock comb cheek weild inserts to see if that would correct the sighting/cheel weld issues and then I will go from there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast