Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A full bag of tricks, my OCD build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Unfortunately the ST-T2 has proven to be snake oil and actually works worse then even a lighter H buffer. See 87GNs vids at vuuwarpen blog.
    Could you please post a source on this? I'm not doubting you, I just can't seem to find anything that would lead me to believe the ST-T2 is snake oil. Everything I've read on his blog seems to be more than favorable towards the ST-T2.

- Alex

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AEuropa View Post
    Could you please post a source on this? I'm not doubting you, I just can't seem to find anything that would lead me to believe the ST-T2 is snake oil. Everything I've read on his blog seems to be more than favorable towards the ST-T2.

- Alex
    Here's a link to the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=575Q0O41u5s

While I wouldn't call it "snake oil" after seeing the vid, it seems to perform no better than a normal cheap buffer of the same weight, so cost benefit just isn't there. Meh, it's already in my rifle, if it causes a problem it's outa there, till then, it works so it stays.

Feedback Score
    Great info!

I enjoy putting them together. It's more fun than legos!
    NRA Benefactor Member

Feedback Score
    Guess it's time for an update with the new goodies. Rifle is running like a top and is over 2K rounds now. Only issues have been due to the crap ammo I shoot, a few stuck cases and the one dud round.

First to get replaced was the rail section and MI mount I was using as a forward sling mount.

Enter the Magpul RSA, a much mo bettah solution.

Next two items were deals found here on the board. Aimpoint R-1 and a Streamlight TLR-1.

The R-1 is amazing to shoot with, durn thing just dissapears leaving a red dot behind when shooting both eyes open and focusing on the target. Mounted in a DD fixed mount it's extremely light. Only gripe is I still have to get around to painting it black, meh, it'll do as is for the time being.

The TLR-1 is compact, light, and durn bright. Mounted at 12 o'clock it's in the perfect spot. So I lost an inch or so of sight radius, oh well, it's worth it in this case. Only drawback to this position is that the constant on side of the paddle doesn't have enough room to click into place unless I move the front sight back another notch. I'm ok with just having it as momentary on and plan on leaving things where they are.

How it sits now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456