Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Less-Than-Lethal' Ammunition...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    As a side note, it is most likely that Mammoth is sprawling into the wild, not that bears are "coming out of the wild".
    I agree, you are right!!! This is usually the case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rat31465 View Post
    Fiocchi Ammo maks a load of 12 ga Rubber Buckshot for crowd control. The 2 3/4" shells contain approx 12 small rubber pellets the size of 00 buck and can be had in 10 rnd boxes....or at least that is how I got mine. If you plan on using them beyond 15 yards plan on using at least a Modified choke.
    I have quite a few relatives who live in Springfield, MO... very beautiful part of our country!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should check out the Survivalism section of this forum!!!
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Aha... another lead!!! I will try to check that out, thanks!!!

-Ron.

Feedback Score
    Why use less lethal?

If you feel like you need to shoot it, you should feel the need to kill it.

Feedback Score
    I could envision a scenario of civil unrest... I could envision a person or group of people obviously up to no good, but where their actions do not warrant lethal force. I could envision a person or group of people getting ready to do something illegal to property... I could envision firing 12 gauge 'rubber ball' or beanbag rounds at their butts... I could envision a desire to motivate them to find another neighborhood to bother...

Feedback Score
    Understand is one thing, turning that understanding into an action, could result in some serious consequences. Entering a room temperature state comes to mind.

Maybe, MAYBE, Just Maybe could I understand having one less lethal round followed by 00buck or slugs. Akin to a warning shot, but aimed at the individual/s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The various turkey loads available work rather well on coyotes, with little danger of collateral damage.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock17JHP View Post
    I could envision a scenario of civil unrest... I could envision a person or group of people obviously up to no good, but where their actions do not warrant lethal force.
    The problem there is you are using lethal force by firing a shotgun at them. Regardless of if it is loaded with bean bags or buckshot.
    It looks like California defines firearm as:
    any device, designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel, a projectile by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
    So even though you've fired what is considered a less lethal round, you have still used what is constituted as deadly force. I've seen BB guns written as deadly weapons in assaults.
    One fo the members here makes less lethal rounds, and here is what he had to say some time back on the subject of homeowners using LL rounds:
    I was browsing the Sportsman's Guide website and noticed that they have Fiocchi rubber buckshot loads listed. How practical would this be for home defense?
    I make the shit and I will tell you it's a bad idea.

Mike Aultman
    Dir of Training/ Gen Mgr
    ALS Technologies
    870-445-8746
    www.AlsTechnologies.com
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    m24shooter,

You posted:
    One of the members here makes less lethal rounds, and here is what he had to say some time back on the subject of homeowners using LL rounds:

I was browsing the Sportsman's Guide website and noticed that they have Fiocchi rubber buckshot loads listed. How practical would this be for home defense?

I make the shit and I will tell you it's a bad idea.

My reply is simple... I would never advocate LL rounds for home defense. I would use 'Low Recoil' 00 Buck for that. The guy who 'makes the shit' was probably not thinking of someone employing LL ammunition outside of the home, and at a distance. I am talking about outside, and at a distance... I am not talking about a situation where deadly force is warranted.
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 04-28-10 at 13:13.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast