Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Less-Than-Lethal' Ammunition...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    The various turkey loads available work rather well on coyotes, with little danger of collateral damage.
    Since I keep my shotgun loaded with 'Low Recoil' 00 Buck... I would use that if needed on a coyote... coyotes are bigger than turkeys.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock17JHP View Post
    I am talking about outside, and at a distance... I am not talking about a situation where deadly force is warranted.
    That's just it: if deadly force isn't warranted then it doesn't matter what your shotgun is loaded with because you won't be justified in shooting it even if it is with LL rounds.
    Firing a shotgun is deadly force. Deadly force is usually defined as the amount of force that is likely to cause either serious bodily injury or death to another person. LL rounds meet that definition. So even if you feel that deadly force is not warranted, but still use a shotgun firing LL rounds, you are very likely using deadly force in fact.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    OK, m24shooter... you made a very good point!!!

I agree with your reasoning, and do not want to get (or try to employ) LL ammunition.

Thank you all for the replies, they made me think of things that I wasn't thinking about. To me, this is the single most important thing when discussing something with someone else... to get another perspective.

Thanks again... I'm done thinking about getting any LL ammunition.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    There were a bunch of kids around here that robbed a few convenience stores with a bb gun, they still were charged with armed robbery.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://alamoammo.com/cart/shotgun-am...salt-round-5ct

wonder if it actually works i figure the force or the concusion would dust the salt

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    There were a bunch of kids around here that robbed a few convenience stores with a bb gun, they still were charged with armed robbery.
    I've seen cases where someone shooting another person with a BB gun was charged (and the case was proved up) as Assault/DW.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
    http://alamoammo.com/cart/shotgun-am...salt-round-5ct

wonder if it actually works i figure the force or the concusion would dust the salt
    People here in CA who owned orange groves back on the '60's and '70's sometimes handloaded rock salt to shoot people who tresspassed into their groves to steal fruit. Knew a couple of people who were shot in the butt while running away. Burns like heck for a few days, and usually gets a bit infected. No permanent damage except some scarring, typically.

Could be lethal, though... so not a great idea...

Feedback Score
    Less Than Lethal shells are a complete waste of your money. As m24shooter said, deadly force is used no matter what you shoot them with. If you need to point a gun at a person, you damn well be ready to kill them because that is the only reason you need to be pointing one at a person.

If you are really worried about coyotes/varmints, buy a .22 rifle & subsonic ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556A2 View Post
    Less Than Lethal shells are a complete waste of your money. As m24shooter said, deadly force is used no matter what you shoot them with. If you need to point a gun at a person, you damn well be ready to kill them because that is the only reason you need to be pointing one at a person.

If you are really worried about coyotes/varmints, buy a .22 rifle & subsonic ammo.
    I already dropped the idea... I agree LL ammo has no place in my ammo supply.

As for the coyotes, etc... they run down the middle of the street just before 'first light'... I see no real danger at this point, they do not seem attack prone or violent at all. I would have a hard time explaining shooting one, since I live within city limits, and this city is fairly 'liberal' in it's firearm views.

I'm done here, you all made me decide to forget it... Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    Let's get our syntax correct: it is NOT "less than lethal"; it is correctly termed "LESS LETHAL"--big difference in meaning...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast