Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LWRC's new 7.62...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    I shot the 7.62 about 3 weeks ago--shot great! The one they brought had a HEAVY match barrel which made the gun quite heavy. I will shooting it again this week along with the rest of their line-up.

Precision match barrels will be offered in 12- and 16-inch lengths with a carbine length piston gas system, as well as a 20-inch design served by a rifle length gas piston system. The bolt carrier is plated with nickel Teflon and a dry film lubricant plates the interior of the lower receiver.

I dont have a release date yet.
    Are you their publicist?

While I eagerly await any new firearm - the LWRC vaporware just never seems to reach the big time as far as a production goes.
    I wish the best for Jesse and Darren - but we need rifles before we can buy them...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    From the LWRC Forum:

Feedback Score
    Stephen, that's a DPMS based upper - is it a DPMS lower also?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Stephen, that's a DPMS based upper - is it a DPMS lower also?
    All I know is that the lower takes SR25 mags. I'm not much of a 7.62 guy except in bolt guns.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IIRC - it is a DPMS based platform.

as an aside I think POF is doing theirs off the same.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Here is a picture of the 12" SABR from an upcoming episode of 'Future Weapons.'

Comments by Jesse about this rifle:
    "That is one of our 12.5" tech demonstrator/test mules of our 7.62 NATO S.A.B.R (Sniper-Assaulter-Battle Rifle) line. The production upper and lower will be slightly different from the pictured unit. The SABR line will feature our Short Stroke piston op system, a proprietary FF rail which maintains the same sight plane height as the upper receiver, UBR stock (when available), extended feed ramps and original AR10 pattern mags (i.e. SR25, DPMS). We are aiming at late summer early fall for its release. The 12.5" barrel makes for a fairly compact rifle. It is about 1.75" shorter than a 14.5" M4 with a CTR stock."

Feedback Score
    Does this mean that ALL the 7.62 LWRC rifles will not be available until then, or will the longer bbl 7.62 rifle be available ahead of this one????
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Below are some photos of the LWRC SABR with side mounted charging handle. Traditional rear mounted handles will be available as well. The side mounted handle acts as a forward assist, while the models with rear mounted handles will have the traditional side mounted assist.

Feedback Score
    What most people don't realize is that this is NOT a DPMS based weapon as most of the upper and lower components are proprietary. This gun is built like a bolt gun from the breech face forward. The piston system is set up just so to the point that it doesn't negatively effect the harmonics of the barrel in any way. Combine that with a cold hammer forged barrel with a 30,000 to 35,000 round service life and an EXTREMELY hard, durable, and wear resistant interior and exterior coating, and I'd say you've got a winner. There's also a 3 position gas regulator available that will allow for suppressed and unsuppressed fire. The third mode is what I find most extraordinary. You can turn the regulator to the OFF setting and operate the weapon like a bolt gun. This was requested by a foreign military end user who didn't want anyone to see brass flying. Quite an innovative feature IMHO. Designed, engineered, and manufactured right here in the US. Last but not least, like the rest of LWRC's stuff, unless something's changed it should come with a lifetime warranty. There's plenty of info on these guns over on the LWRC forums.

Tspeis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brass flying? Come on...does that show up on IR or something?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast