Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive Carbine 101 Review

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks great! The more I see of others ranges the more I realize mine SUCKS. Nothing but NRA range nazi's.... I actually got asked to lock a bolt back on a rifle with no magazine that was in my rifle bag...

Looks like a great get together with much learned by those who participated. Nice job!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Grant and Ben. It was a great class. I am going to practice the mag change drill. Man was I slow. Beer can grip here I come. I want to be fast like Grant.
    Last edited by 1911pro; 06-01-10 at 10:47.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Looks great! The more I see of others ranges the more I realize mine SUCKS. Nothing but NRA range nazi's.... I actually got asked to lock a bolt back on a rifle with no magazine that was in my rifle bag...

Looks like a great get together with much learned by those who participated. Nice job!
    The range we use is VERY big into the NRA (range of the year in 2008 I believe).

The club Presiident is very pro Defensive shooting and an AR15 fan. So when I approached him about doing these classes, they were all for it. Because of this, we are left alone to do whatever we want and no one has any heartburn.

C4

Feedback Score
    That is awesome Grant, i wish there more classes like that to teach people how to be at least safe with a rifle, but it seems that you went way beyond that. totally cool, is that a couple of lefty's I see in the course?
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    Thanks Grant and Ben. It was a great class. I am going to practice the mag change drill. Man was I slow. Beer can grip here I come. I want to be fast like Grant.
    Glad you liked it.

Fast like Grant is not really all that fast (FYI).

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looey View Post
    That is awesome Grant, i wish there more classes like that to teach people how to be at least safe with a rifle, but it seems that you went way beyond that. totally cool, is that a couple of lefty's I see in the course?
    Thanks much.

We want people to get comfortable with the fundamentals so that they can take a professionally taught course and not feel like "that guy."

We have quite a few lefty shooters in the class. We really try to teach them the correct ways to run their guns (in a right handed world).

C4

Feedback Score

Talking

Thanks Grant, my wife and I had a blast. She can't wait for the next one. You and Ben are great and patient teachers who obviously love to teach gun stuff.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Somebody's been passing out hats, I see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Thanks much.

We want people to get comfortable with the fundamentals so that they can take a professionally taught course and not feel like "that guy."
    C4
    Grant,

Are you planning to have anymore of these classes? I'm 7 hours away, but would be more than willing to make the drive if you guys have room for another shooter. Maybe that sounds crazy, but there are no opportunities like this where I'm at (or at least I haven't found them yet). I'm somewhat new to the AR and I'm planning to take some classes, but sure would like the opportunity to cut my teeth at a gathering like the one you're having. Not only do I not want to be "that guy", but I want to be able to get the biggest bang for my buck when I shell out the cash for a class.
    Last edited by zagzig; 06-03-10 at 19:33.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast