Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - May 1-2, 2010 - Fuquay-Varina, NC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What kind of sights is LAV running on his gun?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Looks like a tech sight or something very similar. I don't remember them being squared off though. I know he was checking them out at the last AK class...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm sure it's an aimpoint of some sort. Maybe a micro

Last edited by C45P312; 05-05-10 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    http://www.tech-sights.com/

For those who attended the class, did Mr. Vickers comment on what he thought of these sights? They have been around for a few years now but I been apprehensive about them due to the dust cover tolerance issue.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perhaps Mr. Vickers will comment with more detail, but at the time he seemed to be having issues with the Tech Sights holding zero.

Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    You know I can ban you, right?
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 05-05-10 at 07:49.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    http://www.tech-sights.com/

For those who attended the class, did Mr. Vickers comment on what he thought of these sights? They have been around for a few years now but I been apprehensive about them due to the dust cover tolerance issue.

Not impressed. They didn't hold zero well on his carbine and if you have to remove the dustcover quickly to clear out something in the receiver, you can't do it in a timely manner.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sorry, thought you guys were talking about the RDS

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    You know I can ban you, right?
    Touche, lol.
    Last edited by C45P312; 05-05-10 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    I'm not ready to give up on the Tech Sights quite yet

To be honest I never really took the time to get a good zero - I was adjusting on the fly which is never a good idea but common when you are the lead instructor and the class must go on

The frustrating part is I put them on my traveling AK - a Romy that was plenty accurate and had a great zero - I finally gave up and went to my tricked out Arsenal 106 with Micro - which has a good zero and allowed me to hit the 12" x 12' plate at 200 yds offhand

One thing I will say about the Tech Sight setup is because of the design requirements it now makes getting the top cover off quick and easy virtually impossible - which can be a problem with some malfunction clearance situations

So let me get a good zero and give the Tech Sight a real shake out - then I will tell you what i think

Cheers

LAV

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post

So let me get a good zero and give the Tech Sight a real shake out - then I will tell you what i think

Cheers

LAV
    Fair enough, thank you for your response I look forward to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House View Post
    THE UGLY
    After receiving the range command, acknowledging, and then bringing my rifle to my shoulder and depressing the selector from the, “safe,” to the, “fire,” position, the weapon fired. I immediately reapplied the safety and took my hand off of the pistol grip and onto the neck of the stock until Larry figured out what was wrong. He immediately asked me if I had a Tapco G2 trigger group installed, and I DID (double hook). He stopped the class and circled the troops to talk about how, “drop in,” trigger packs are often NOT truly, “drop in,” and thus must be fitted to each weapon to ensure safe operation.
    Could you elaborate on this subject a little more please? I run a single-hook G2 FCG in my Romy SAR-1 and I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here who use them as well.

On another note, I couldn't help but notice the female student (sorry I don't know her name) had a PWS FSC47 on her rifle. What is the consensus on these? I am interested in getting these for my AKs with 14x1 LH threads.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-05-10 at 09:37.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a great class.

That's the first time I've ever seen someone rockin' a wife beater at a firearms class

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast