Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: LMT MRP 308!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Just added a bcm gunfighter. It's a little smoother than before. Tried a c products mag and it's a bitch to get in the magwell. Wouldn't snap in with 20 rounds either. Anybody else have an issue with them?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Ammo I was using was the same load from before the reprofiling. I received the new barrel and went out to sight in and shoot a couple groups just to check accuracy before having it reprofiled. I was really hoping that a slight change in profile wouldn't need a new load developed. I did notice a poi shift 1 mil down when I tried the new profile at the range. I guess my hopes of using the same zero and old load were a little optimistic.

I shot 2 5 round groups with the "old" profile that I was very pleased with. One is pictured a couple of post up, and one was right at 1" and honestly thats what I would call the limit of my ability at this point.

As far as recoil impulse, I'm not sure how to describe it as I have never shot a rifle with a muzzle brake. It felt to me like a gentle push rearward, and then a sharp "jump" forward. I have been practicing a strait behind the rifle position and have been producing results I am extremely happy with. However, after every shot with the brake the stock was sliding all over my shoulder pocket. A rain storm ended my day of shooting, but I am going to practice some more and try some FGMM to see if my load does need work.

The stock, is set how you describe but instead of being fully extended I am 4 pos out from collapsed. Any longer and I feel "stretched" when shooting the rifle.

bnanaphone- as far as practical accuracy on the SS barrel, I am not at a point yet to say if it is really worth more than the CL barrels. The reason I chose the SS model was so there was no doubt the rifle was performing as desired. This allows me to focus my training on my position, and fundamentals without wondering if the rifle is doing it's job.

Since you have to check zero, give the fit I described above a try. The trick is get comfortable on the gun and adjust the scope to that. I can't say for certain you will change the scope, but give it a try. Where are placing your off hand?

There's this odd fascination with stocks collapsed and bunched up on these(AR's) guns. I could see it with armor and if you have T-Rex arms. You have better leverage to control it in your shoulder when your arm is extended a bit more in my opinion.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    mark5pt56,

I am using my off hand to adjust the rear bag. I use my mws as a precision rifle and almost 100% of the time I am shooting off the bipod and rear bag. When shooting the other day, I only got to fire 25 rounds or so and was using the same position as I have been getting solid results from.

As far as the scope and stock, I'll give it a try and see what happens. I know extra room would be nice for my offhand/ rear bag.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    mark5pt56,

I am using my off hand to adjust the rear bag. I use my mws as a precision rifle and almost 100% of the time I am shooting off the bipod and rear bag. When shooting the other day, I only got to fire 25 rounds or so and was using the same position as I have been getting solid results from.

As far as the scope and stock, I'll give it a try and see what happens. I know extra room would be nice for my offhand/ rear bag.
    Ok, cool, I mentioned it when you said you felt stretched. Some people will hold forward on the HG for some reason. I hope it works out for you with the barrel work. I'm sure it can be annoying when you are going for the accuracy.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Has anyone bought the 20" Chrome lined barrel ?

I'm just about to buy one, just looking for someone with trigger time on one.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102