Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP 308!

Feedback Score
    I can't wait to put some rounds down range with mine. I'm waiting for my scope and rings to get here.

I want to get a bipod too. Which atlas are you guys running?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3seven4 View Post

Just put this on the scale with a loaded mag and it came in at 16.14 lbs. Guess I better hit the gym a little more.

Swapped PRS for CTR with Larue RISR and POD and dropped almost 1 pound exactly. New setup loaded is 15.12 pounds. Still pretty heavy. Add the AAC 7.62 SD and it's back to 16.55 pounds. RISR is pretty slick and gives me enough height behind the scope.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    how many inch pounds do the bolts on the MWS get torqued to anyome know?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    140 if I recall correctly

Feedback Score
    How much POI change are people seeing when they swap barrels. Not just taking the barrel out and putting it back. But like taking the CL barrel out and putting a SS barrel in?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Several clicks in elevation at 100yds(5-10), and sometimes you might not have any windage adjustment..maybe a click or two @ 100yds.

Feedback Score
    My SS barrel shifts from my CL by about two feet up and to the left at 100yards? The CL barrel agrees with two scopes moved from other rifles to the MWS, so it seems the SS has the major POI shift.

Once I get the zero it groups pretty well, 8 of ten shots about an inch. I was just wondering about windage changes as distance changes.

I was hoping to be closer so that when I switch barrels, I don't have to totally rezero.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The most recent documented case I did personally was going from a 18" 5R SS to a 16" CL....was 6 clicks elevation, 1 click windage...adjustments were based in MOA. I used the same ammo and made sure I had canceled out any other mitigating POI shift possibilities like the barrel temp's...bipod vs. front rest/bags.....target location...environmental conditions like wind present, etc.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-26-11 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been wondering the same thing about poi shift between barrels. I have been debating purchasing a .260 ss barrel later this year and plan to run the same scope that I am running on my .308 ss.

It would be really nice if the poi change was withing 5 moa or so. I sold my 16" CL to fund the 20" ss or I would offer up some first hand knowledge.

Feedback Score

Just Brought her home from her DOJ foster home

I had a old Bushy and Larue Mount so I slapped that on and dug it. J.P Enterprises Brake/Comp Large Profile. Then the Atlas bipod. Tango Vertical and Ergo rail covers. The Magpul Enhance trigger guard still to slap on. And game over. This gun is SICK!
    I have 2 M1a both in EBR/Troy Chasis and I am LOVING this new TOY!

Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast