Page 119 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1769

Thread: Shotgun pic thread

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Thumbs up number1olddog...... looks very clean and extremely functional. Great looking shooter

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_0317_SS View Post

Details:
    Remington 870 18.5" Tactical Smooth Bore
    Remington Arms (3) Round Magazine Extension Tube w/ Tactical Follower
    Rhino Rail System
    Mesa Tactical High Tube Adaptor
    Mesa Tactical Side Saddle
    Surefire M951XM07
    EoTech 552.65A (Hood CeraKoted FDE)
    Magpul UBR Stock FDE
    Magpul UBR Metal Strike Plate
    Magpul UBR Upgraded Recoil Pad
    Magpul MOE Grip FDE
    Magpul AFG-II FDE
    Magpul FDE MBUS (Fron & Rear)
    Falcon Industries Ladder Rail Covers (FDE)
    Jesus Christ!
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whoa....how much does that beast way? I take it the salesperson asked if you wanted it "fully loaded"? Lol....
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Here's mine! 500c 20GA

Got it in the condition shown in the first picture, had issues cycling but was still somewhat reliable. I bought a new elevator and a few other internals and got it all cleaned up, two cans of Krylon later and I have a fun little scatter gun. Not so much for anything other than to keep around the house and shoot for fun. I figure it should at least give me time to get to my AR and/or Glock if I ever need it to! I really like the 20GA in the pistol grip only configuration because it still has a good bit of power, but I can easily shoot it one handed or from the hip if need be.

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mocked up some parts on a 870 Express junker. I have enough odds-and-ends to justify another build once I take delivery on a 870P with a 18.5" rifle sighted barrel as a host. That Surefire front end is still hefty after dropping to a 3V system.

“The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesiumsponge View Post
    Mocked up some parts on a 870 Express junker. I have enough odds-and-ends to justify another build once I take delivery on a 870P with a 18.5" rifle sighted barrel as a host. That Surefire front end is still hefty after dropping to a 3V system.
    Cesiumsponge is that a IWC handstop you have mounted to the Surefire forend? That seems like a very good idea, does it assist with cycling? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, IWC handstop. I milled a pocket in the underside for the t-nut to clear the fore end assembly and it required a longer screw to affix. The radii aren't a perfect cosmetic match but one or the other can be trimmed to get a nicer looking install. It doesn't really aid if you have a good purhase on the shucking but theoretically it should help if your grip gets slippery from rain, sweat, or blood. The rubbery panel Surefire uses doesn't provide a lot of purchase compared to the heavily textured or ribbed synthetic units.

It certainly doesn't get in the way. I'm looking forward to running it next year in a shotgun course to see how it handles.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesiumsponge View Post
    Yep, IWC handstop. I milled a pocket in the underside for the t-nut to clear the fore end assembly and it required a longer screw to affix. The radii aren't a perfect cosmetic match but one or the other can be trimmed to get a nicer looking install. It doesn't really aid if you have a good purhase on the shucking but theoretically it should help if your grip gets slippery from rain, sweat, or blood. The rubbery panel Surefire uses doesn't provide a lot of purchase compared to the heavily textured or ribbed synthetic units.

It certainly doesn't get in the way. I'm looking forward to running it next year in a shotgun course to see how it handles.
    Very interesting, yeah it does seem like it would have positive benefits when having to cycle the action under extreme circumstances. It kind of reminds me of the ledge on certain handgun sights that's used to manipulate the slide if your other arm becomes disabled.

That was a very innovative idea, don't be surprised in a year's time if one of the manufacturers picks up the idea. Patent it now, lol.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

- 26" barrel shortened to 18-3/4 inches and re-installed the RemChokes
    - HiViz CompSight PM1002 - Competition Shotgun Sight (same as used on the 1100 Tac4)
    - Cut the stock down to 13” LOP and re-installed the original Remington butt pad
    - Choate 2-shot magazine extension
    - Brownells stainless steel magazine follower (front of spring as a tube retainer)
    - G,G&G stainless steel magazine follower (rear of spring)
    - Wolff Extra Power Magazine Spring
    - Dave’s Metal Works Easyloader
    - Vang Comp dome button safety
    - G,G&G QD Rear Sling Attachment
    - CDM Gear BMT with 3-slot rail (right side) and QD Sling Attachment on left side
    - Vickers Combat Applications Sling
    - Surefire X300 light (installed when needed)

Last edited by Canonshooter; 10-20-12 at 18:36.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Page 119 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast