Page 167 of 177 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1769

Thread: Shotgun pic thread

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply; I'll look into the BPS/Nordic possibility. Thanks to your post (yours looks great and is exactly what I've had in mind) I've decided mine has been on the back burner for too long. Tonight I tried some Remington magazine caps on it for size. The 20ga 870 is not even close, but the 12ga is at least close in diameter. I think I remember reading somewhere that the 16ga A5 mostly shares parts commonality with the 12ga. I'm hoping that will hold true with the Savage, especially concerning the mag tubes.

I have zero intentions of doing a Form 1 on it. Chopping the barrel to 18.5" and the stock to 12ish is as far as I can see myself going, as the receiver has issues and I don't trust it to hold up to high round count training and fun. The only role I can really see for it is leaned up behind the kitchen door for the occasional snake or other vermin, and if I'm honest with myself it can fill that role just fine with its full length, full choke barrel. But where's the fun in that, lol?

I'm looking forward to tearing it down to replace the springs, inspect the innards, and generally learn about the mechanism. Oh, and I also picked up an ancient NOS big-head safety I plan to install. I think it's a Williams; I need to dig it out from the back of the parts bin where it's been languishing for a few years.

Feedback Score
    26168997_1643773785645544_8277157079624061409_n.jpg

Bought this Stevens 311A at a gun action several years ago for all of $125, had a warped rib at the muzzle, a small chip in the stock on the left side at the receiver and the wood finish was peeling, but sound. Sat on a rack until a month ago when I had the barrels chopped, a brass bead installed and the stock repaired. Once home I stripped the wood of the finish and it's been getting boiled linseed oil rubbed into the stock and fore end daily. I also found that a previous owner tried to install a 511 trigger guard on it and broke off the front lug in the receiver, but the trigger guard is aluminum so it'll be and easy fix to remove and replace. So far I've got less than $200 into it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    That is a beauty.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    yea that is real nice
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Shotgun pic thread

Put a new hand guard on the M4.

Feedback Score
    Nice, which M4 handguard is that and can we see more.
    Last edited by kruzan; 02-06-18 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilkin View Post
    Factory Benelii M4 Entry with B&T Super 90 one-piece handguard and Magpul MS1 sling. Waiting on a RMR.

Awesome shotgun ! Does this have screw in chokes ?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    Awesome shotgun ! Does this have screw in chokes ?
    Thanks!

Negative, the barrel isn’t threaded for chokes.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WTB:
    Wilcox JPoint mount for Nightforce Recon (P/N 30500G01)
    Wilcox EOTech riser kit in TAN

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Shotgun pic thread

This is my new/old 870P. It was the SBS I carried at work. I may SBS it again in my name. It handled and shot well with a 14” bbl. Here a photo of my last qual with slugs.

I’m not sure the MagPul stock is right for me and the 870. I don’t like how much I have to change my grip to manipulate the safety especially to put it back on. The stock is set up much better form a Mosseberg. Anyone else have this issue and a solution?

It wore the SF froend for a few day but I didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-07-18 at 10:23.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got my hands on a 12g simunition kit for an upcoming force on force class. Test firing was a success!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

I’m not sure the MagPul stock is right for me and the 870. I don’t like how much I have to change my grip to manipulate the safety especially to put it back on. The stock is set up much better form a Mosseberg. Anyone else have this issue and a solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Actually, yes. I have three 870's with the Magpul stocks, and highly recommend adding a Vang Comp Big Dome safety.

Twelve bucks at Brownells: https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...COMP%2bSYSTEMS

It makes a lot of difference, you can easily pop the safety off with the knuckle of your trigger finger. Raise the shotgun from low ready and pop off the safety before your finger touches the trigger. It does not slow you down at all, and greatly increases safety for your fellow officers.

And I bet you have already seen how it's even easier to cover a friendly with the muzzle of an SBS than a longer barrel. I am a real stickler for using the safety with a shotgun - especially when you consider what a load of buckshot does at a few feet.

Hope that helps.

Page 167 of 177 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast