Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotgun pic thread

Feedback Score
    Great pics guys. I need to get my camera up and rolling again. I have some nice scatterguns. I got a form 1 signed so its SBS time pretty soon. Not sure if I want to shorten a Benelli or a 870.
    Last edited by Boom; 09-13-06 at 14:18.
    Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    Jeff you don't happen to have a pic of your shorty with a standard stock do you? That gun looks badass. What kind of rear sight is that?

Sad, that it takes someone else to tell you your life is worth protecting and that you are the one ultimately responsible for it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Boom,

Standard Benelli sights. Purchased it back in 97 - 98 timeframe.

I don't have a pic of a standard stock on that gun. In fact I've been looking for a decent priced standard stock for the 18.5" Benelli.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    Boom,

Standard Benelli sights. Purchased it back in 97 - 98 timeframe.

I don't have a pic of a standard stock on that gun. In fact I've been looking for a decent priced standard stock for the 18.5" Benelli.

How many rds does the shorty hold in the tube? I'm really thinking of buying one and having it cut down. I assume that is the Entry model they sell?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Old school baby! I need a leather butt cuff to really complete it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom
    How many rds does the shorty hold in the tube? I'm really thinking of buying one and having it cut down. I assume that is the Entry model they sell?

The 14" is not a factory Entry model, this is my personal gun (I don't have any Department issued guns, all the guns that I post pics of are my personally owned firearms). They only sell the Entry model to Govt agencies.

The 14" started off as a 18.5" Benelli, I purchased a 14" factory Benelli barrel from R Guns or something like that (back in 98). After the BATF paperwork was approved, all I had to do was swap out the barrel.

The 14" holds 5 in the tube, 1 on the carrier, and 1 in the chamber (7 total).

The newer model benelli's don't hold a shell on the carrier like the older models do, but there is a modification that can be done to the newer benelli's to allow the extra round on the carrier.

As it stands now, the 18.5" only holds one more shell than the 14" (due to the shell on the carrier). I plan on getting the mod done to the 18.5", just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Take care and stay safe,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    The 14" is not a factory Entry model, this is my personal gun (I don't have any Department issued guns, all the guns that I post pics of are my personally owned firearms). They only sell the Entry model to Govt agencies.

The 14" started off as a 18.5" Benelli, I purchased a 14" factory Benelli barrel from R Guns or something like that (back in 98). After the BATF paperwork was approved, all I had to do was swap out the barrel.

The newer model benelli's don't hold a shell on the carrier like the older models do, but there is a modification that can be done to the newer benelli's to allow the extra round on the carrier.

As it stands now, the 18.5" only holds one more shell than the 14" (due to the shell on the carrier). I plan on getting the mod done to the 18.5", just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Take care and stay safe,
    Jeff
    Jeff thx for your reply I missed it some how. I have been thinking about picking up a Beneilli and doing the same. I have the paper work ready to go but need to find the gun first. I've seen a couple locally but they run about 1K. Been hoping to find something a little cheaper.

Is there a big difference in recoil between the two guns? From the sounds of it you like the shorty more then the standard barreled gun.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Boom,

No difference in recoil between the 2 guns. The custom Pachmyrer Decelerator pad on the 14" makes some difference.....but other than that, no noticeable difference.

Feedback Score
    Boom,

No difference in recoil between the 2 guns. The custom Pachmyrer Decelerator pad on the 14" makes some difference.....but other than that, no noticeable difference.
    Excellent thank you. Now to find the gun and get the serial number so I can send in my paper work. Do you think having a gunsmith cut the barrel down after I get my stamp back would be a good idea or could I just order the short barrel from Beneilli after my stamp comes back?
    Last edited by Boom; 09-20-06 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Take care and stay safe,
    Jeff

Jeff,

Please let us know more specifics on the carrier mod. Is it a Do-it-yourself job, or does it need to be done by a smith? Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Stay safe,
    Nick (ndrak@comcast.net)

Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast