Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next shoot?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Next shoot?

So when are we going to get together and shoot?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Geez guys this is M4C not OSA. I thought ya'll liked to shoot....

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Dude you know we don't go shooting around here, we just like to post pictures in the "shiny new guns" thread and see which new piece of gear we need to buy to look like Costa this week.

Seriously though - like we talked about last week, I think heading out to OKCGC on a weekday evening may be our best bet. The weekends seem to be just too full lately.

Any particular day of the week that works better than others?
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Maybe if we let people know that Costa has shot on our range people would come just so they could say they've shot on the same range? lol

My days off rotate every week. I get off at 3pm though and could be there jock'd up at 330. Fridays would prob. be best since the wife won't have to worry about getting ready for work the next day and take care of the kiddo while I'm gone.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm (supposed to be) off every other Friday - those work well for me and I can be out there anytime then. The 28th will be my next one.

I guess we'll just have to set a date to go out and then see who else we can get to show up...

Further thoughts:
    Would it be worthwhile to plan ahead and provide some more structure to the sessions? Say one week we work through drills related to reloads with the rifle. Or malfunction drills. Or drawstroke and pressout with the pistol.
    Honestly I wouldn't claim to be qualified to teach a brick how to sink (actually if you've seen me attempt swimming that's probably the one thing I am qualified on) but if we have a few pairs of eyes we can help each other work through our issues.

Everybody -- what would you like to spend an afternoon working on?
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 05-15-10 at 21:32.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I think it should be more structured. I have some ideas. We just need to set a date and whoever shows up shows up. I work the 28th but could be there by 330.

Feedback Score
    Fridays usually will work for me depending on how many brownie points I've used up on other stuff. I get off at 11:30 on Fridays so afternoons shoud be available to shoot.

The 28 is probably no good for me but maybe next time.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    Yeah I think it should be more structured. I have some ideas. We just need to set a date and whoever shows up shows up. I work the 28th but could be there by 330.
    What kind of ideas?

I say we go for it. We're not going to get anything going if we don't just do it... I don't see anything else on the calendar that would interfere that day. It is the day after that Tom Givens shotgun class, if you're going to that still. I should be off all day so I can even get out there early to set up targets or something if needed so we can start shooting quicker.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was thinking if we started doing something just once a month hopefully we could get something good going. We could structure it to be pistol only one month then rifle only then maybe a combo day. I have compiled a decent folder of various drills I've been working on for almost a year. Most are around the 50 round range and can be used for rifle or pistol. I searched for drills that would give me about an hour of training (by myself) and not cost me a lot in ammo. I can afford 50 rounds of ammo to burn a month. If we can get a steady program going we can do more if we want too or less and fo a tactics based training day maybe.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Forgot to add... Most of the drills only require one target. Some use two or three though. They also are to be used on idpa/ipsc style targets. I also have charts that go with just about all of them too so you can track your progress. Only thing i don't have is targets. I'm out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast