Thread: another 762x39 build :)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

another 762x39 build :)

Just picked up a new lower today. TNW firearms lower (Vernonia, OR) out of Centerfire systems in Versailles. $85 OTD. I'd heard some people previously having issues with TNW lowers. I checked it out against my LMT upper and the lugs and takedown pins matched almost perfectly. Kinda snug and less wobble than with my LMT lower. Funny I thought.....

The magwell fit my receiver block pretty well and the trigger guard holes appear to be dead-nuts. Finish on the lower is almost like the cerakote on my LMT upper. Very clean.

I'm going to cerakote this lower as well because I want to fill in the rollmark because the serial# includes TNW in it.

I plan on making this a 10" 762x39 pistol

I'll be shooting it while I wait to get my tax stamp for my SBR.

Just didn't want a shorty pistol upper lying around in the safe without a lower to sit on...whole constructive intent thing.....

While this weapon gets range time I'm also sending my bolt carrier group in my 16" 76239 AR to Robar to NP3 the thing. I am shooting corrosive ammo. The upper will eventually have a Leupy 4-12x40 scope on it ad infinitum. Figure that's a perfect match for the rifle since I won't be using it at 400yds like I will my Grendel.

I plan on sending the 11.5" barrel to Adco for some trimming and rethreading. It is a heavy profile carbine length gas and I'd love for it to be a midweight. I'll also be cutting down the FSB to make a lo-profile gas block as a 9-10" rail system is in order.

The FH/Comp is a Brownells 9mm and it looks like this: very aggressive and scary..... just kidding

I'm not sure which rail system will go on it. Leaning toward buying a JP/VTac 12" and cutting it down to the length of the barrel and refinishing it. It is a little heavy though, and I'm really wanting something lightweight to run around with. Definitely not going to use this AR-pistol to be a long range obliterator. It might get a DD Lite Rail or Troy TRX but after installing the JP I really like the clean lines of it and the simple fact that I've done one already and it's worked perfectly. We'll see soon. Pics coming soon.

Last edited by LMTRocks; 05-10-10 at 16:46.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just ordered a DS Arms cardinal forge upper today from Brownells. Should be here in a few days. Next week, barrel, barrel nut, gas tube, and BCG.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.